Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Where it all starts


Psalm 128:Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
    who walk in obedience to him.
You will eat the fruit of your labor;
    blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
    within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
    around your table.
Yes, this will be the blessing
    for the man who fears the Lord.
May the Lord bless you from Zion;
    may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
    all the days of your life.
May you live to see your children’s children—
    peace be on Israel.


============

Zero words, zero advice came from my high school counselor, but I never asked the right question. I was told to “Go to college” so I did because I feared the future. No direction, no roadmap came from the college I graduated from, but I never asked for help. I was told by others to “Dress for success” and to be impressive in the interview, so I did because I feared not getting the job.

  • Fear has driven many of my decisions.
  • Fear has driven many of my questions about life.
  • Fear has driven many of my mistakes and successes.


Blame was the first thought that came to mind when it came to a direction I chose. I mean, why wasn’t someone put in my path to simply tell me what to do so my fears would be taken care of? Some paths I chose felt right while others felt dreadfully wrong. Where does true success come from?

  • GOD tells me “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.”
  • GOD says to me “Blessed are all who fear the LORD.”
  • GOD states “Do not fear those who can hurt the body but cannot hurt the soul. Fear the ONE who can destroy the soul.”


Fear of GOD means I need to hold HIM in the highest regard. HE needs to be number one in my life no matter what goes on around me. HE gets praise first and my plans need to be placed in front of HIM before I move forward. HIS direction, HIS path and HIS timing are all great in my mind and my fear needs to be channeled to pleasing HIM.

GOD is not needy or mean. HE simply wants me to stay away from anything that isn’t of HIM. Instead of fearing “stuff” I need to fear the LORD, this is the beginning of GOD’s blessing.

  • Do you have fear in your life?
  • Do your fears seem greater than your fear of GOD?
  • Can you stop blaming GOD without fearing HIS consequence of complaining?
  • Will you fear GOD today by seeking HIM first?


No comments:

Post a Comment