Monday, August 17, 2015

Words are Mighty

Psalm 122:Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
    “May those who love you be secure.
May there be peace within your walls
    and security within your citadels.”
For the sake of my family and friends,
    I will say, “Peace be within you.”
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
    I will seek your prosperity.

============

Filled with rage, my poisonous words spewed out of my mouth. The problem was that the words kept coming out and soon I had filled the room with spiteful malicious paragraphs that I could never take back. Later, a thought popped in my mind. I wonder if this person is a follower of GOD.

  • When my words are filled with hurt, they are not pointed at the kingdom.
  • When my words are full of fear, they are not pointed at the kingdom.
  • When my words are packed with pain, they are not pointed at the kingdom.


Words can go two ways, to build someone up or tear someone down. The latter of the two is very easy, especially when I am trying to get a point across. What I have found is these words do not bring peace. Yeah, “I” may feel better, but am I bringing peace to “that” person?

  • GOD wants me to pray for security for people no matter how insecure they may be.
  • GOD wants me to pray for peace for people no matter how contemptuous they may be.
  • GOD wants me to pray for GOD’s prosperity which may mean a kingdom full of people rather than a bank full of money.


David was already very wealthy but he said “For the sake of the house of the LORD our GOD, I will seek your prosperity.” David knew that sacrifice was needed in order to lead a group of people who put their trust in the LORD. These people were excited about GOD and loved to worship HIM at all turns. GOD wants me to celebrate those who put their full trust in HIM. HE wants me to add peace to those who seek HIS face.

  • Are your words pointing people to the problem or to the kingdom?
  • Do you find poison in your words or can you point people to peace?
  • Will you try adding GOD to every conversation you have today? 


No comments:

Post a Comment