Friday, February 26, 2016

HE is WHO HE IS


Isaiah 44:“This is what the Lord says—
    Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
    apart from me there is no God.
Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
    Let him declare and lay out before me
what has happened since I established my ancient people,
    and what is yet to come—
    yes, let them foretell what will come.
Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
    Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
    No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

============

Pondering about the concept of GOD made me ask questions. “If GOD is real, why doesn’t HE just heal everybody?” I then decided this “GOD” thing isn’t enough for me. There has to be more. I mean I read parts of a self-help book and it said “I” should draw from my strengths.” I liked that because it put me in control. I soon started depending on “me” and got deeper into my mess. “I wonder if I should try GOD again” I thought to myself.

  • There were times when I thought there has to be more than GOD.
  • There were times when I thought GOD’s word was not enough.
  • There were times when I thought GOD seems to not love me because I am in another mess.


Looking back on my relationship with GOD, I can see that I was the one who left HIM, not the other way around. During the time when I stopped praying and worshipping, I felt pretty good for a moment. I could do as I pleased and live as wild as I wanted to. But when problems happened, and boy did they happen, I had no place to turn. Should I rely on myself? No!

  • GOD said to me “I AM the first and I AM the last; apart from me there is no GOD.”
  • GOD said to me “Do not tremble; do not be afraid for I AM with you.”
  • GOD said to me “You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”


GOD is my Rock and my salvation, whom shall I fear? After coming to my senses I soon realized I just wanted “my” way. I mean all those rules and not sinning didn’t seem “fun.” BUT GOD held onto me anyway. HE watched over me in spite of me and gently nudged me back to HIM. I am very glad to be in HIS arms. HE is the one and ONLY true GOD!

  • Do you doubt GOD?
  • Do you feel you need to add something to what HE said about life?
  • Can you stop fighting GOD and let HIM work in your life?
  • Will you turn your life over to HIM fully and watch HIS power unfold?


No comments:

Post a Comment