Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Mindful Trust


Isaiah 26: 3 You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.
4 Trust in the Lord forever,
    for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

============

Seized with fear I stared at the wheel one more time. I puffed out three quick breaths, pushed off with my left foot and found myself gliding down the sidewalk on my bike. I rode past three or four houses without falling this time and when I fell, I got up excited. The next time I got on I was at peace and I could ride even further.

  • Sometimes fear takes away my peace.
  • Sometimes worry makes me doubt.
  • Sometimes anguish makes me think I cannot overcome “this” circumstance.


I am so happy that I learned how to ride a bike but it took pain to do it. I flipped over the handlebars on a few occasions and came into the house with a bloody lip on others. I had to go through the pain in order to have peace.

  • GOD takes me through storms, so I need to have trust in HIS plan.
  • GOD takes me though painful situations and heals me from my bumps and bruises.
  • GOD takes me through difficult circumstances, providing peace along the way.


Just like riding a bike, having peace takes practice. Instead of getting worried about the situation I had to learn how to have peace in the middle of the storm. I started small by not worrying about misplacing my security shirt I fashioned into my carry around buddy; to not worrying about the fact that someone broke into my car to now worrying about larger life events.

GOD grows my peace the more I trust HIM instead of the thing I worry about. HE may have a good reason for allowing whatever to be removed or destroyed. HE helps me grow and gives me peace. I trust in HIS plan.

  • Are you worried?
  • Are you nervous?
  • Can you take three deep breaths and decide to follow GOD?
  • Will you put your trust in HIS plan for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment