Monday, February 22, 2016

Ready to Soar

Isaiah 40: 27 Why do you complain, Jacob?
    Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
    my cause is disregarded by my God”?
28 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

============

“Great job” were the words that fueled my zeal. When I heard these words I was ready to work harder and longer. I put in my best work when I hear a compliment. On the other hand when I heard a complaint, work seemed to be WORK. It dragged on for seemingly days in one shift. It seemed like during those long times, I complained to GOD. “Where are YOU?” I would yell out.

  • Sometimes it seems like life beats me down.
  • Sometimes it seems like I will not “get my way.”
  • Sometimes it seems like GOD is off somewhere making thieves rich and wealthy meanwhile HE is punishing me for even my tiniest sin.


Blind to the compliment, I put my trust in those who would feed my ego more and more. I mean it felt good to receive accolades and when they ran out, it was time to change jobs or locations or relationships. BUT GOD says to do something different.

  • GOD says to me “I do not grow tired or weary” which means HE can take anything I give HIM no matter how many times I give it to HIM.
  • GOD says to me “I give strength to the weary and power to the weak” which means HIS strength and power is being used on a daily basis.
  • GOD says to me “I will make you soar on wings like eagles” which means I will run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint.


Sometimes I think GOD wants me to run out of steam. I mean when I stop thinking “I” am in control then GOD can do HIS best work. Relying on GOD’s strength means truly believing HE can do anything. HE places me in positions for HIS purpose. I should not complain, rather compliment HIM for where HE has me. HE gives me strength that only comes from HIM.

  • Are you growing weak?
  • Do you feel weary?
  • Can you rely on GOD’s strength?
  • Will you put your trust in HIM instead of trying to win HIS favor by working your fingers to the bone?


No comments:

Post a Comment