Isaiah 39: 5 Then Isaiah said to Hezekiah, “Hear the word of the Lord Almighty: 6 The time will surely come when everything in your palace, and all that your predecessors have stored up until this day, will be carried off to Babylon. Nothing will be left, says the Lord. 7 And some of your descendants, your own flesh and blood who will be born to you, will be taken away, and they will become eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.”
8 “The word of the Lord you have spoken is good,” Hezekiah replied. For he thought, “There will be peace and security in my lifetime.”
“Why would I go to another country?” I said. “I” have everything “I” need here in this country. We have exotic vacation spots, plain vacation spots and exciting vacation spots. My family and friends are here and my stuff. All I need, right?
- Sometimes I think only of my world.
- Sometimes I think only of my kingdom.
- Sometimes I think only of my area.
As I surveyed where I was, I felt pretty content. I mean everyone in my family was healthy, all my bills were paid and I had a pretty full refrigerator. What more could I ask for? BUT GOD wanted more out of me.
- GOD wants me to see other people struggling.
- GOD wants me to see other people in need.
- GOD wants me to see other people around me rejecting HIS SON and following after “the dream.”
Like Hezekiah, I put blinders on and as long as everything was good in my circle, I was fine. BUT GOD wants me to see that homeless person. HE wants me to see the hurting neighbor. HE wants me to see other people in other countries and pray earnestly for them. GOD wants me to live my life with a purpose and that purpose is for others, not myself.
- Are you focused only on your wellbeing?
- Do you worry only about your security?
- When is the last time you prayed for your neighbors instead of complaining about them?
- Will you accept GOD’s great commission and “go” even to the uttermost parts of the world for HIS kingdom?
- Will you start small and go to your family, friends and neighbors?