Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Mindful Trust


Isaiah 26:You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
    for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

============

Seized with fear I stared at the wheel one more time. I puffed out three quick breaths, pushed off with my left foot and found myself gliding down the sidewalk on my bike. I rode past three or four houses without falling this time and when I fell, I got up excited. The next time I got on I was at peace and I could ride even further.

  • Sometimes fear takes away my peace.
  • Sometimes worry makes me doubt.
  • Sometimes anguish makes me think I cannot overcome “this” circumstance.


I am so happy that I learned how to ride a bike but it took pain to do it. I flipped over the handlebars on a few occasions and came into the house with a bloody lip on others. I had to go through the pain in order to have peace.

  • GOD takes me through storms, so I need to have trust in HIS plan.
  • GOD takes me though painful situations and heals me from my bumps and bruises.
  • GOD takes me through difficult circumstances, providing peace along the way.


Just like riding a bike, having peace takes practice. Instead of getting worried about the situation I had to learn how to have peace in the middle of the storm. I started small by not worrying about misplacing my security shirt I fashioned into my carry around buddy; to not worrying about the fact that someone broke into my car to now worrying about larger life events.

GOD grows my peace the more I trust HIM instead of the thing I worry about. HE may have a good reason for allowing whatever to be removed or destroyed. HE helps me grow and gives me peace. I trust in HIS plan.

  • Are you worried?
  • Are you nervous?
  • Can you take three deep breaths and decide to follow GOD?
  • Will you put your trust in HIS plan for you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment