Friday, February 5, 2016

No More Shame

Isaiah 29: 22 Therefore this is what the Lord, who redeemed Abraham, says to the descendants of Jacob:
“No longer will Jacob be ashamed;
    no longer will their faces grow pale.
23 When they see among them their children,
    the work of my hands,
they will keep my name holy;
    they will acknowledge the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob,
    and will stand in awe of the God of Israel.
24 Those who are wayward in spirit will gain understanding;
    those who complain will accept instruction.”

============

“Move out of the way, it’s my turn” were the words that caught my attention as I saw a small group of guys huddled next to doors that were not exit doors. My curiosity climbed so I went to investigate. When I got my “turn” I peeked through a hole carved in the crease of the door. I got a glimpse of nakedness that made me want to stay there the whole day!

  • There have been times where I tried to hide my thoughts.
  • There have been times that I tried to cover up my actions.
  • There have been times I tried to pretend I had not fallen, but I had truly fallen.


Late for class I decided to get a better glimpse. I wondered why there was no one around. Then a gym teacher came in and caught me. I was ashamed. I am glad I was caught, because I was headed down the wrong path.

  • GOD says to me “You will no longer be ashamed.”
  • GOD says to me “I will open your eyes and heal your heart.”
  • GOD says to me “I will help you gain understanding and guide you with MY instruction.”


He simply yelled, “Get away from that door!” and off I ran. He gave me a strange look every time he saw me from then on. They fixed the door and I was glad. BUT GOD fixed my life. HE put me on a better path that includes acknowledging my need for HIM. By confessing, the sin no longer has power over me. I give the power to GOD who in turn gives it back to me.

  • Do you feel powerless?
  • Do you feel like your prayers are not being heard?
  • Can you acknowledge the hidden things in your heart?
  • Will you confess your sins and enable GOD to heal your soul?


No comments:

Post a Comment