Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Peace in the Desert


Isaiah 32: 16 The Lord’s justice will dwell in the desert,
    his righteousness live in the fertile field.
17 The fruit of that righteousness will be peace;
    its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.
18 My people will live in peaceful dwelling places,
    in secure homes,
    in undisturbed places of rest.
19 Though hail flattens the forest
    and the city is leveled completely,
20 how blessed you will be,
    sowing your seed by every stream,
    and letting your cattle and donkeys range free.

============

Silence was the strangest sound I heard after being released from the high paced position that was eliminated in the reorganization. With no conference calls or fires to put out or people complaining about sagging profits, I felt strange. There was actually enough quiet to listen.

  • There were times when my pace was so noisy that I could not hear.
  • There were times when I did not have time to stop and listen.
  • There were times when I had not time to listen to GOD.


“The Desert” is a symbolic place for me. I mean the Israelites were glad to leave Egypt because they were under someone’s forceful hand. But then they found themselves in “The Desert” and that felt even worse to them. No heavy hand, but no crumbs from the “master’s” plate. When I sat down for the first time with no appointments, at first it felt great, but weeks later I wondered, “Where is GOD?”

  • GOD said to me “MY justice is in the desert which is right where I want you now.”
  • GOD said to me “MY righteousness lives in the fertile field and I want you to seek out this field.”
  • GOD said to me “MY reward to you will be peace and you will have quietness and confidence forever.”


It took some time to get used to the quietness. I learned to use it as lost time I had not spent with GOD, family and friends. I found the fruit GOD wanted me to seek in the first place and HE blessed me the entire time. GOD truly is great!

  • Are you in “The Desert?”
  • Do you feel lost?
  • Can you quiet down and listen to GOD?
  • Will you seek HIS guidance instead of yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment