Monday, February 8, 2016

Seeking Protection


Isaiah 30: “Woe to the obstinate children,”
    declares the Lord,
“to those who carry out plans that are not mine,
    forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit,
    heaping sin upon sin;
who go down to Egypt
    without consulting me;
who look for help to Pharaoh’s protection,
    to Egypt’s shade for refuge.
-------

18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
    therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
    Blessed are all who wait for him!

============

Convenience was the thing that got me. I mean the agent and doctor came to my office, drew blood for an analysis and brought insurance papers that I signed for a life insurance policy. That same group came to my house while it was being built and gave me another policy. In fact they insured my cars, jewelry and probably my next door neighbor’s dog.

  • Sometimes I put my trust in money.
  • Sometimes I think that because I am insured, I’m safe.
  • Sometimes I place my safety in a job because I think I am not expendable.


Seeking protection of my stuff, my body and my job was something that pleased me. I mean, now that I had a lot of stuff, I had to protect it, right? Maybe. But what kind of protection should I seek?

  • GOD says to me “I will be gracious to you even though you did not seek ME first.”
  • GOD says to me “After I take you through trials because of your obstinate actions I will show you compassion that I have longed to do.”
  • GOD says to me “Be patient and wait on ME.”


GOD wants me to consult HIM on the little things as well as the large. HE wants me to ask if I really need the largest TV in the world that I have to insure for a boatload of money. HE desires that I run my plans for jobs and other activities by HIM so HE can say “yes or no.” GOD wants me to seek HIS kingdom first and all these things will be added to me.

  • Are you looking for protection?
  • Do you think you can buy security?
  • Will your job provide you with everlasting life?
  • Can you take time today and recognize GOD who saved you?


No comments:

Post a Comment