Monday, February 15, 2016

Words of Encouragement

Isaiah 35: Strengthen the feeble hands,
    steady the knees that give way;
say to those with fearful hearts,
    “Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
    he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
    he will come to save you.”

============

“Your tie is supposed to line up with your belt and zipper” was the great dressing lesson my uncle gave me. “Use fine sandpaper after the clear coat” was another lesson from another uncle. “Make a loop when stitching your pants” my aunt told me in yet another lesson.

  • Sometimes I need help.
  • Sometimes I need assistance.
  • Sometimes I need someone to teach me.


Many times I really needed help. I mean I ran into situations where I felt lost and could not accomplish what I set out to do. I was faced with problems and sometimes had no way out. Fortunately I was blessed with people I could call.

  • GOD says to me “Strengthen the feeble hands” meaning I need to help someone who cannot do for themselves.
  • GOD says to me “Steady the knees that give way” meaning I need to support those who cannot stand for themselves.
  • GOD says to me “Say to those with fearful hearts, Be strong and do not fear, your GOD will come with vengeance; with divine retribution HE will come to save you.”


Many times I received help and now it is time to be the help. GOD calls me to speak words of encouragement into others so they will continue on HIS wonderful path. HE removes barriers and HE is the only one who can speak blessings into existence. HE shows the way and holds up the weak. GOD wants me to not just talk, HE wants me to “do” and to “be.” GOD wants me to help.

  • Are you passing by the weak and feeble?
  • Are you dodging those who need your help?
  • Can you reach out and help someone in need today?
  • Will you ask GOD for more strength to help others?


No comments:

Post a Comment