Jeremiah 18: This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3 So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
5 Then the word of the Lord came to me. 6 He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel
After zipping down the road I came to my exit ramp. As I stepped on the brakes I noticed the car was not slowing down as fast as I wanted it to. Wham! I hit the car in front of me. On another occasion I was driving down the road in the same car and hit a patch of ice. I slammed on the brakes and they did not slow the car down as fast as I wanted it to. Wham! I hit a pole.
- Life has some bumps and bruises that sometimes leaves me beat up..
- Life has some times when I ask “Why me?”
- Life has some situations that I do not like going through.
After a while I had to realize that I needed to slow down earlier so I would not run into another car. My immature driving had immature expectations, same with life. Sometimes I expect GOD to make everything absolutely perfect from my perspective and I expect HIM to do it in an instant. I mean HE is GOD isn’t HE? Can’t HE just snap HIS finger or say a word and all my problems go away? Yes, but…
- GOD takes me through situations to grow me.
- GOD takes me through circumstances to show me another area of my life that I need HIM.
- GOD takes me through problems to shape me into what HE wants me to be.
While I do not like going through trials, I thank GOD for them as James did in his letter. Trials are more memorable than bland instructor led lessons. I can remember the cut on my finger as I tested throwing bricks. The stitches cured me from brick throwing. GOD uses difficult times as well as great times to shape me.
HE fills me with HIS compassion when I see someone in need because I have been in need. HE helps me with the right words of comfort because I have been in need of comfort. GOD has the right to take things from me and give me plenty. GOD is my potter and I allow HIM to shape me as HE pleases.
- Are you fighting GOD?
- Do you have a difficult time believing in HIS way?
- Can you stop fighting placing your trust in HIM and let HIM grow you?
- Will you get up from your circumstance and let GOD grow your strength?