Friday, April 22, 2016

Being Shaped by the Potter

Jeremiah 18: This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.

Then the word of the Lord came to me. He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel

============

After zipping down the road I came to my exit ramp. As I stepped on the brakes I noticed the car was not slowing down as fast as I wanted it to. Wham! I hit the car in front of me. On another occasion I was driving down the road in the same car and hit a patch of ice. I slammed on the brakes and they did not slow the car down as fast as I wanted it to. Wham! I hit a pole.

  • Life has some bumps and bruises that sometimes leaves me beat up..
  • Life has some times when I ask “Why me?”
  • Life has some situations that I do not like going through.


After a while I had to realize that I needed to slow down earlier so I would not run into another car. My immature driving had immature expectations, same with life. Sometimes I expect GOD to make everything absolutely perfect from my perspective and I expect HIM to do it in an instant. I mean HE is GOD isn’t HE? Can’t HE just snap HIS finger or say a word and all my problems go away? Yes, but…

  • GOD takes me through situations to grow me.
  • GOD takes me through circumstances to show me another area of my life that I need HIM.
  • GOD takes me through problems to shape me into what HE wants me to be.


While I do not like going through trials, I thank GOD for them as James did in his letter. Trials are more memorable than bland instructor led lessons. I can remember the cut on my finger as I tested throwing bricks. The stitches cured me from brick throwing. GOD uses difficult times as well as great times to shape me.

HE fills me with HIS compassion when I see someone in need because I have been in need. HE helps me with the right words of comfort because I have been in need of comfort. GOD has the right to take things from me and give me plenty. GOD is my potter and I allow HIM to shape me as HE pleases.

  • Are you fighting GOD?
  • Do you have a difficult time believing in HIS way?
  • Can you stop fighting placing your trust in HIM and let HIM grow you?
  • Will you get up from your circumstance and let GOD grow your strength?


No comments:

Post a Comment