Jeremiah 12: 14 This is what the Lord says: “As for all my wicked neighbors who seize the inheritance I gave my people Israel, I will uproot them from their lands and I will uproot the people of Judah from among them. 15 But after I uproot them, I will again have compassion and will bring each of them back to their own inheritance and their own country.
16 And if they learn well the ways of my people and swear by my name, saying, ‘As surely as the Lord lives’—even as they once taught my people to swear by Baal—then they will be established among my people. 17 But if any nation does not listen, I will completely uproot and destroy it,” declares the Lord.
After waking up from a long journey of life, I wanted a breather. It seemed like GOD had allowed calamity to fall on me, meanwhile those who could care less about HIM seemed to have an easy life. “Hey GOD… What about me? I thought.”
- Problems sometimes have a way of making me complain about GOD’s methods.
- Difficulties sometimes have a way of making me question GOD’s love towards me.
- Trials sometimes have a way of making me look at GOD as if HE were the problem.
Like many others, Jeremiah complained to GOD. I did as well. It just seemed like GOD allows the wicked to do what they wanted and I could not even take a paper clip from a large corporation without feeling wrath. What’s with that?
- GOD said to me “I loved you so much that I died specifically for you.”
- GOD said to me “I have compassion for you because you believed in MY death and resurrection.”
- GOD said to me “I know life seems difficult but I have gone to make a better place for you, meanwhile I have sent the COMFORTER who will be with you each and every minute.”
Things are never as they seem. While sometimes life looks difficult, GOD is there feeling the pain more than I do. HE goes through each problem with me and absorbs the difficulty at the same time. HE is not distant rather very active in my life. HE cares and knows HIS way is truly the best for me. I thank GOD for showing me compassion.
- Do you feel sorry for yourself?
- Do you think you deserve better from GOD?
- Can you stop comparing your life to others and rejoice about your relationship with HIM?
- Will you grow more today by thanking GOD for what HE “is” doing?