Daniel 8: 23 “In the latter part of their reign, when rebels have become completely wicked, a fierce-looking king, a master of intrigue, will arise. 24 He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause astounding devastation and will succeed in whatever he does. He will destroy those who are mighty, the holy people. 25 He will cause deceit to prosper, and he will consider himself superior. When they feel secure, he will destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes. Yet he will be destroyed, but not by human power.
“You should be in charge” someone said to me. I had never thought about it, but soon grew fond of the idea. I took several leadership classes and took their words to heart. Soon I became one of the leaders and quickly learned it was a daily combat amongst my peers. Budget battles, location of my department and benefits were a constant struggle I had never considered.
- At one time I thought it would be great to be in “power.”
- At one time I really wanted to “win” each battle.
- At one time I desired to be “successful” amongst my peers.
The higher up I went the more I realized someone had to die in order for me to keep climbing. If they were in the only spot at the top then me and others would have to get out our arrows and shoot at that person until they died or retreated. This is very similar to the blinded thinking of the Anti-Christ. His success will blind the masses and television will talk about him daily. BUT GOD says something different.
- GOD says to me “No weapon formed against you will prosper for I am the one who protects you.”
- GOD says to me “I AM the way the truth and the life, no one gets to the FATHER except they come through ME.”
- GOD says to me “There is no power in heaven and earth that can withstand ME.”
After a season of victories, the Anti-Christ will be broken and destroyed. GOD will then turn to me and ask me “Have you remained in ME or did you follow the crowd?” Shamefully I would have to say I followed the crowd. Fortunately for me, HE asks this question today and gives me another chance to follow HIM rather than my own power hungry way. GOD wants me to see that HE is the only way!
- Are you seeking power?
- Do you associate yourself with a rising person who is growing in power and feel better about yourself?
- Can you associate yourself with the one who is truly in power?
- Will you give up your life and trade it in for HIS?