Thursday, September 29, 2016

Long Return


Hosea 3: 4 For the Israelites will live many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred stones, without ephod or household gods. 5 Afterward the Israelites will return and seek the Lord their God and David their king. They will come trembling to the Lord and to his blessings in the last days.

============

Unprepared was probably the nicest word I heard about my presentation. I tried to “wing it” but the audience saw through my feeble attempt. With a scowl, many in the department turned their backs to me. “How can I recover?” I asked. “Your reputation is in the toilet right now but it can be repaired, as long as you don’t kill anyone” someone said.

  • There are times when I feel I am on the outs with people.
  • There are times when I feel I am worthless to others.
  • There are times when I have actually blown it and have to straighten up and return to where I started.


“How long will it take to rebuild my reputation” I asked, thinking maybe two or three weeks. “One year, more or less” was the deadly answer I had to accept. After working extra hard to be prepared, amongst other things, I was able to rebuild my reputation. It took eighteen months and it did feel long.

  • GOD says to me “Return back to ME and I WILL restore you.”
  • GOD says to me “I WILL raise you up when you turn your ways to ME.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the way”


I find GOD to be different. When I “blow it” GOD does not treat me the same as humans. GOD allows me to turn back to HIM daily and pours out HIS forgiveness in ways I cannot explain. HE washes me from head to toe and sets me on HIS righteous path. Sometimes the trials go longer than I would like, but I know HE is with me every step.

  • Have you made a huge mistake?
  • Do you think there is no way to return?
  • Can you stop blaming everyone around you and look to GOD for help?
  • Will you turn your face back to GOD and allow HIM to restore you in HIS time and HIS way?


No comments:

Post a Comment