Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Corrective Advice

Daniel 4: 27 Therefore, Your Majesty, be pleased to accept my advice: Renounce your sins by doing what is right, and your wickedness by being kind to the oppressed. It may be that then your prosperity will continue.”

-------

33 Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled. He was driven away from people and ate grass like the ox. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird.
34 At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.
His dominion is an eternal dominion;
    his kingdom endures from generation to generation.
35 All the peoples of the earth
    are regarded as nothing.
He does as he pleases
    with the powers of heaven
    and the peoples of the earth.
No one can hold back his hand
    or say to him: “What have you done?”

============

Feeling like I could take on the world I strutted down the hall confidently. I mean ‘I” was going to save the department from the downward slide. I put “my” plan into action and things started off well, but soon fell apart. What happened?

  • There were times when I felt proud of “my” abilities.
  • There were times when I felt “I” could accomplish anything.
  • There were times when I felt “my” plan could address any problem.


One flaw to my plan was the fact that I looked at “my” abilities as the answer. Having had a taste of success blinded me to where “my” abilities came from in the first place, namely GOD. What was I to do?

  • GOD wants me to admit I am a sinner before HIM.
  • GOD wants me to renounce my sins by doing what is right.
  • GOD wants me to renounce my wickedness by being kind to the oppressed.


When I admitted that “my” abilities were not mine I noticed something different. I started praising GOD for HIS accomplishments and HIS provisions. I stopped looking at me and started looking at HIM for the answers. I accepted what HE gave me and stopped demanding that HE do as “I” said. I praise GOD who is the MOST HIGH.

  • Are you mad at GOD for where HE has you?
  • Do you think you deserve to be lifted higher?
  • Can you praise GOD for where HE has you?
  • Will you lift your eyes to HIM and acknowledge that you are a sinner and need HIS salvation?


No comments:

Post a Comment