Friday, September 16, 2016

False Accusations

Daniel 6: 19 At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions’ den. 20 When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, “Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?”

21 Daniel answered, “May the king live forever! 22 My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty.”

23 The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God.

24 At the king’s command, the men who had falsely accused Daniel were brought in and thrown into the lions’ den, along with their wives and children. And before they reached the floor of the den, the lions overpowered them and crushed all their bones.

============

“Where is your expense report?” was the strange question that came from my boss at the time. I had given it to him in the usual manner, yet for some reason this one was missing. Fortunately for me I kept copies of all my receipts and gave him a fresh copy.  “Why is this large charge on your expense report?” was the next strange question. I showed him the email from which he requested I expense dinner for the group he was in charge of. “Hmm… something strange is going on” I thought to myself.

  • There were times I may have been falsely accused.
  • There were times I may have been falsely slandered.
  • There were times I may have been falsely punished.


I told someone what was going on and they asked, “Aren’t you nervous?” For some strange reason, I did not feel nervous, because I had done nothing wrong. My conscience was clear.

  • GOD says to me “By following ME, your conscience will remain clear.”
  • GOD says to me “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of ME.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM with you even when men say false things against you, for they did the same to ME.”


False accusations come from those who are insecure, power hungry and greedy. They will stop at nothing to get their way, even murder someone. JESUS was the perfect example of following every rule to the letter, yet was falsely accused, even unto death. BUT GOD raised HIM from the dead and now HE has the power to forgive anyone who confesses their sins to HIM.

It does not feel good at all when a person is slandering and falsely accusing me. BUT GOD sees through the pettiness. HE may allow a temporary setback, but HE protects me from harm and goes after my false accuser with a vengeance. GOD is my judge and forgiver.

  • Are you being slandered by someone?
  • Are you slandering someone?
  • Can you stop your false accusations and confess your sins to GOD?
  • Will you stop trying to protect yourself from false accusations and simply live for GOD with a clear conscience?


No comments:

Post a Comment