15 Now when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, if you are ready to fall down and worship the image I made, very good. But if you do not worship it, you will be thrown immediately into a blazing furnace. Then what god will be able to rescue you from my hand?”
16 Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to him, “King Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”
Hasty decisions are made when I am full of fear. I mean when I am scared out of my wits, I make hurried decisions without thinking through the long term consequences of my actions. I squirm and only want out of the problem!
- Many times I lost my patience when faced with certain problems.
- Many times I wanted out of the problem so bad that I could not wait on a good solution.
- Many times I could only see demise so I panicked and ran towards any comfort I could get.
Trust in GOD sometimes went out the window when I faced a pressure filled problem that did not seem to go away. I started searching for the quickest way out of the problem rather than facing the situation. BUT GOD wanted me to act differently.
- GOD wants me to slow down and see HIM rather than speeding up.
- GOD wants me to focus on HIM rather than on human obstacles.
- GOD wants me to join HIS winning fight rather than making the fight mine.
Looking back I can see when I trusted GOD and when I made a hasty decision on my own. The times when I did not trust made me make decisions I regretted for a long time. On the other hand, the times where I placed my trust totally in GOD bared the most fruit, usually in ways I never would have imagined. GOD wants total loyalty and total trust in HIM. HE knows I sin, yet HE wants my trust to grow rather than shrink. I trust GOD alone.
- Where have you placed your trust?
- Are you squirming to get out of the problem?
- Can you allow GOD to handle the problem rather than thinking you know the solution?
- Will you add a measure of trust in GOD today?