Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Not by Force

Hosea 1: Yet I will show love to Judah; and I will save them—not by bow, sword or battle, or by horses and horsemen, but I, the Lord their God, will save them.”

============

In a tiny tantrum I said “I will not serve YOU GOD!” At that time things were just not going well at all. The wheels were flying off of school and my car was falling apart. After graduating I remained in my pouting state, meanwhile my loneliness was increasing and the pressures of life were mounting. Finally, I was in a place where I had nowhere to turn. “GOD, please help me I muttered pitifully.”

  • Sometimes I do not think GOD is the answer.
  • Sometimes I blame GOD for my problems.
  • Sometimes I look at GOD as something I do rather than someone to be with.


When I tried to leave GOD it’s as if HE said “Okay” and let me go on my merry way. I did not communicate with HIM nor HE with me. BUT GOD was extremely graceful and merciful and I did not know it.

  • GOD watched over me in spite of my tantrum.
  • GOD protected me in spite of my pouting.
  • GOD delivered me in spite of my lack of service, communication or giving.


I did not manipulate GOD in any way, yet HE chose to deliver me from my trials. HE opened my eyes to how immature I was truly acting and showed me just how full of anger and rage my heart was. HE emptied it and allowed it to dry out for a while, then HE filled it up with HIS HOLY SPIRIT which gives me different eyes.

GOD enables me to see HIM in the middle of situations. HE opens my eyes to allow me to see HE is fighting the battle, not me. HE protects me daily and grows my faith in HIM. I trust HIS plan and get excited for what HE is doing!

  • Are you throwing a tantrum right now?
  • Do you feel you are drowning with no way out?
  • Can you stop squirming and slow down enough to hear GOD’s small still voice?
  • Will you open your heart’s mouth and shout to GOD “I need YOU?”


No comments:

Post a Comment