Daniel 2: 12 This made the king so angry and furious that he ordered the execution of all the wise men of Babylon. 13 So the decree was issued to put the wise men to death, and men were sent to look for Daniel and his friends to put them to death.
17 Then Daniel returned to his house and explained the matter to his friends Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah. 18 He urged them to plead for mercy from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that he and his friends might not be executed with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. 19 During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven
My first inclination is to jump into action when things are going poorly. I mean, something has to be done so I figure I am the one who should step up and do the “something.” Sometimes it works, while other times it feels like things get worse and worse. What should I have done?
- Sometimes I think I can solve problems with my strength.
- Sometimes I think I can solve problems with my power.
- Sometimes I think I can solve problems with my intellect.
Nebuchadnezzar gave an impossible decree, either tell him what he dreamt and interpret it correctly or die! This was impossible or so it seemed. Sometimes the problems I face “seem” impossible as well. BUT GOD says something different.
- GOD said “There is nothing impossible for ME.”
- GOD said “There is nothing too hard for ME.”
- GOD said “Come to ME first with your problem and I will make your way straight.”
Many times I think of GOD when the problem becomes too large for me. HE is an afterthought. BUT GOD wants to be first. HE wants me to come to HIM when the problem is small and before it gets too big and out of control. Even when the problem is large, HE does not want me to spring into action without consulting HIM first.
GOD wants to be my guide so HE desires that I consult HIM on a regular basis. Sometimes daily is not enough. There are days where I need to ask HIM several times for direction because of moments of feeling lost and left behind. GOD takes the impossible and laughs at how easy it is for HIM to solve the situation. Only HE can provide.
- Are you facing something impossible?
- Does it seem like you are at your last rope?
- Can you take a moment and ask GOD to intervene in your situation no matter how long you have been in it?