Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Shining Bright


Daniel 12: Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.

============


“You have the prettiest grass on the block” was a saying that puffed up my head. I am glad someone noticed! I mean I spent hours trying to keep weeds out and have each blade grow to the same length with the same dark green color.

  • There are things I spend hours on.
  • There are things I work hard at.
  • There are things I take a lot of time doing that I wonder if they have meaning.


One day there will be a time when everything I currently do will not matter. I mean the bush that I trimmed so nicely or the grass I cut to perfection will one day be gone. While I spent hours toiling over the care of these elements, I wonder how much value it has.

  • GOD says to me “There will come a day and it is coming soon when MY SON will return.”
  • GOD says to me “One day the dead in CHRIST will arise at the shout of the Angel.”
  • GOD says to me “Time is short, lead many back to me while there is still time.”


While there is no harm in cleaning, repairing and pruning I must notice the amount of time I spend doing these things. I mean is there someone who needs to hear an encouraging word near me? Am I open to guiding someone to a better place, namely GOD?

I should strike a balance between work, play and ministry. Quite honestly, ministry should be included in my work and play. I truly should be thinking about bringing someone to GOD on a daily basis, constantly asking HIM for the right words that they may hear. My purpose is to bring people to righteousness, only to shine like a star in GOD’s time.

  • Are you busy?
  • How much time are you spending doing what you are doing?
  • Can you take a moment to pray for someone?
  • Will you reach out to someone with the gift of compassion?
  • Can you ask GOD for the right words to bring someone to HIS righteousness?



No comments:

Post a Comment