Friday, August 11, 2017

Forever Words


Matthew 24: 32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

============

“I will take care of you” were the words I heard from the LORD in the middle of a crisis. I felt peace for a moment but soon fell back into the same worries and actions of trying to take matters in my own hands.

  • Sometimes I think GOD’s words are temporary.
  • Sometimes I think GOD’s words only apply to when things are going well.
  • Sometimes I think GOD’s words can’t really mean what HE said.


Doubt and mistrust do not affect GOD’s words. When HE says “I will” HE means “I will” whether I believe or not, HE does what HE says. JESUS tells me that “Heaven and earth will pass away” and “you can count on that because I said it.”

  • JESUS says to me “I will never leave you or forsake you.”
  • JESUS says to me “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
  • JESUS says to me “MY love for you will never pass away and no one can snatch you from MY hands.”


JESUS’s declarations are final. What HE says HE will do. I can trust in HIS words because HE is only saying what has already been done from HIS perspective. HE is the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and the end. HE has already seen what HE did and is simply telling me “I have already done this.” I can trust in HIS everlasting word because it has already been done!

  • Do you waiver in trusting in the LORD?
  • Have the worries of this world made you take your eyes off of GOD’s promise that HE will take care of you?
  • Will you stop doubting what GOD has already declared in your life?



No comments:

Post a Comment