Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Simple Things

Matthew 25: 31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

============

After minutes of belief in CHRIST, I ran into a snag. “LORD what do YOU want me to do?” was my question. Years later, after walking away and returning to serving, I thought things would be easier, but they weren’t. “LORD what do YOU want me to do?” was my cry again.

After serving the rich, powerful and aloof, I decided to follow GOD a little more and was let go. “For real LORD, what do YOU want me to do?”

  • Sometimes I question GOD because I am not getting my way.
  • Sometimes I question GOD because I thought things would be easier when I chose HIM.
  • Sometimes I question GOD because I expect good things to happen and then something bad hits me in the face.


“What do YOU want me to do?” was more of a complaint versus a question. I could have really said “What do YOU want me to do NOW?” as if to say, I am tired of not getting my way. Sometimes I work really hard to please GOD when HE wants the simple things.

  • I feed JESUS when I feed those who are hungry and outcast.
  • I quench JESUS’s thirst when I give those who are thirsty a nice drink.
  • I provide JESUS shelter when I invite people into my home and give them clothes.


JESUS gives me instructions for how to live. It is the simple things that please HIM. I don’t have to be wealthy or smart or accepted by those in power to serve JESUS. I don’t have to coerce or trick people, I just simply have to serve people because JESUS wants me to. It is the simple things that please GOD.

  • Do you think you have to work hard to please GOD?
  • Are you tired of not getting your way?
  • Can you stop trying so hard to get your way and do something simple by serving someone today?


No comments:

Post a Comment