Thursday, August 3, 2017

I Want To

Matthew 23: 33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.’”


============

Zealous in my position, I sought out those I could fire. I mean if you weren’t pulling your weight I would have a much needed discussion with you. This was a very long way from where I started. At one time I could not stand to see someone fired.

  • Positions were important to me at one time.
  • Titles were important to me at one time.
  • Authority was what I sought after even at the expense of someone’s demise.


JESUS made it very, very clear of HIS plan to condemn HIS enemies to hell. Those who would do anything for power and authority would have the blood of the innocent heaped upon them. From slanderous words to the act of killing, GOD hates those who hate others. HE sees my actions and knows my ambitions.

  • JESUS longs for me to desire HIM.
  • JESUS often looks for me to seek HIM.
  • JESUS wants me to be willing to receive the rescue HE sends me.


Spiritual blindness can be cured by giving a simple answer to this question, “Do you want to be healed?” The answer from me is “I want to.” JESUS gets delighted by that answer and blesses me abundantly!

  • Are you ambitious at some else’s detriment?
  • Do you believe you are doing the right thing by tearing someone else down?
  • Do you want to be healed of your spiritual blindness?
  • Will you say to GOD “Blessed is HE who comes in the name of the LORD” today?



No comments:

Post a Comment