Friday, August 4, 2017

Nice Skyline

Matthew 24: Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

============

Wonder filled my eyes as I approached the city on the train. I had been downtown many times, but this time I was there to see the sights by myself. I looked up in amazement. “What wonderful buildings!” I thought to myself.

  • I love cities with nice architecture.
  • I admire those who can plan buildings and execute putting them in place.
  • I enjoy visiting cities with buildings that look like art.


Around the world I have seen buildings built with magnificent prowess. JESUS’s disciples were trying to get HIM to notice the magnificent buildings of the time, probably in awe of human accomplishment. JESUS explains what will happen to the buildings.

  • JESUS says to me “Everything you do on earth is temporary except with humans.”
  • JESUS says to me “Every project you build on earth will be thrown away, except those concerning humans.”
  • JESUS says to me “Every accomplishment that makes humans point to other humans will be brought down, for I AM the way.”


There is something amazing about seeing a nice skyline. BUT GOD has a greater place planned for me. In other words, if I thought humans could build magnificence, wait until I see what GOD can do!. JESUS referred to HIMSELF as the temple that would be torn down and raised back up in three days. I need to admire HIS beauty alone!

  • Do you admire what people do and accomplish?
  • Do you want to be admired?
  • Can you stop wanting the spotlight or shining the light on humans and start pointing at JESUS?



No comments:

Post a Comment