Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Special Name



Luke 2: 21 And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.

============

“I’m going to call you Skinny Minnie“ said the girl to me as I tried to express a liking to her. “That’s not my name” I said but it was only met with laughter. “I’m not a Skinny Minnie” was the only thing I could think about for the rest of the afternoon in school.

  • There were times I have been called names.
  • There were names that hurt me for a while.
  • There were times when I got so caught up with how others thought of me that I would get distracted at the tiniest tease.


After eight days, the child was circumcised and named JESUS, the name given by the angel before HE was conceived in Mary’s womb. HIS real name is special but this name was given for humans to understand that GOD is with us as a human to save humanity.

  • GOD has given me a name that humans do not know.
  • GOD has given me a name that has HIS purpose tied to it.
  • GOD has given me a name that cannot be tarnished by teasing, slander or hatred.


My real name is unknown, but one day I will know it. GOD sees all I do and have been through and wraps every situation up in my name HE has for me. I can have a hand in my name. I can be a scoundrel or a peacemaker, a Pharisee or a follower. GOD sees my hidden heart and names me according to my deeds.

  • What is your name?
  • Does GOD call you a hider of the truth or a teller of the truth?
  • Can you make your name what GOD wants your name to be by acting in a way fitting to HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment