Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Service Clarity


Luke 2: 36 Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity; 37 and this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. 38 And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

============

“Would you serve on this committee?” someone asked. “Yes, of course” was my answer. “Would you serve as a lead” “Yes, of course” I said. “Would you run a special project, help with the books, lead another group and teach?” “Um… yes?” I said.

  • There were times when I got burned out because I could not say not to the church leaders.
  • There were times when I got burned out because I thought I “had” to serve.
  • There were times when I felt I must be closer to the LORD because I was working so hard.


Anna was a prophetess who was dedicated to the LORD. She served the LORD in a way that was different from most thinking. She fasted, prayed and told people about JESUS becoming a human to redeem the world. Her service was easily done.

  • GOD wants me to serve HIM.
  • GOD wants me to fast, pray and tell people about HIM.
  • GOD wants me to not burn out rather serve HIM with my current gifts, talents and financial situation.


“MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light stands out to me, yet many people in the church are worn out because the leaders are hard task masters. GOD never said “Work your fingers to the bone” nor did HE say “Try harder.” GOD says “I made you just as you are and I AM pleased with you, just speak of MY SON, fast and pray.” My service is simplified this day.

  • Are you worried that you are not pleasing GOD?
  • Do you think you are not doing enough because someone judged you into guilt?
  • Can you stop trying to please GOD so hard as the task masters dictate and just be who HE made you to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment