Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Graduations



Luke 2: 39 So when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee, to their own city, Nazareth. 40 And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

============

“Can I go see a movie with my friends?” I asked. “Yes” was the answer and I was delighted. We chose a popular disco movie of its time and, while cheesy, I thought was the best movie. I had graduated from elementary school and the world recognized me as being ready!

  • When I graduated I felt ready.
  • When I graduated I was recognized as being ready.
  • When I graduated I felt a sense of relief and anxiety because I was now in the next step.


JESUS grew physically, mentally, emotionally and most important, spiritually. HE became strong in the SPIRIT each day. Though HE was the chosen One, HE was not ready as a child to take on the sins of the world. HE had to face many obstacles in order to truly mature.

  • GOD wants me to look at life as continuous growth.
  • GOD wants me to seek opportunities to obtain wisdom from HIM.
  • GOD wants me to eventually put my relationship with HIM into practice.


Maturity is what GOD wants from me. Sometimes I still hang out with the same childish ways and I am forgiven for them. BUY GOD wants more from me. HE expects me to grow in faith, belief and grace. GOD desires that at some point I will accept HIS mercy and follow HIM implicitly. This takes practice. I am willing to follow HIM more and more each day.

  • Are you still waiting for something amazing to happen and not recognizing the amazing things that have already happened to you?
  • Are you growing in GOD?
  • Will you seek to use the maturity HE has already given you to serve others today?


No comments:

Post a Comment