Friday, April 30, 2010
JESUS' death and resurrection is the most amazing event to ever take place in history. The statements made about HIM were amazing because the people really didn't know what they were saying. "You are a king" acknowledges JESUS as the CHRIST, the ultimate leader of all the Jews.
I find all the events centered around JESUS' death to be fascinating. Hatred and jealousy drove mankind to lie about HIM. Humans had in their mind what the CHRIST should be, how he should look and what he should do.
It is quite amazing that this attitude is still around today. There is confusion on how to serve JESUS and who is serving HIM. People have searched for the antichrist for years. Humans pick a pet sin to protest while committing hidden sin.
I have been confused over the years about my purpose. I thought it was to go to church on Sunday, pay some money, listen to a guy talk about the Bible and go to work the rest of the week.
JESUS says HE came into the world for a specific purpose, to redeem mankind. HE told the "truth" and humans struggled with it. Pilate asks "What is truth?" and we still struggle with this statement.
Truth is so relative today. We have people fighting other Christians on what they wear, do and say. It has made me lose my focus at times, but scripture like this always bring me back to what I should focus on, namely JESUS.
HE died for me.
HE rescued me from punishment.
HE came here specifically for me.
HE rose for me.
HE is building a place for me.
HE knows me.
I am so happy that JESUS could save a sinner like me. I actually don't understand why HE likes me so much, but HE does. In HIM is all truth and that's where I should focus. Once I look at someone else and discuss their Christianity or lack thereof, I am acting like those who murdered JESUS.
My focus should be on exclaiming the GREAT news about CHRIST, not on the bad news about mankind.
Are you stuck doing something you know is wrong?
Are you judging others harshly?
What are you doing to further GOD's kingdom today?
Are you praying to get more of the world or more of the kingdom?
Thursday, April 29, 2010
I have gone to churches seeking "the truth" and have found some very interesting things. There have been people desiring power, titles, money and to fulfill their lusts. On the other hand I have found some dedicated, humble, excited, prayerful people who care for others each day.
How in the world did we end up with so many denominations, clicks and sects? When I read this passage I realized that it is because "unity" is not sought very often. I love to be right, ask my family. BUT GOD wants me to have unity with them.
Can't I be right and have unity? Well sometimes, but other times when I am "right" and want to be heard, it doesn't show the grace and mercy that I am supposed to. Instead of looking for resolution, I seek reparation. I want the other person or people to say "I am right!"
Why do I do this? I guess it's pride or insecurity. GOD wants us to have unity for the purpose of pointing people to HIM. HE is saying that if the world saw how well we treat each other, then maybe they would want some of that.
So I checked my "unity" meter and I found it to be low but getting better. Ask my family that too.
- Unity doesn't get irritated easily.
- Unity likes differences.
- Unity doesn't write a person off easily.
- Unity keeps trying to resolve.
- Unity doesn't have to be right all the time.
- Unity accepts correction.
JESUS prayed an amazing prayer in this chapter. HE prayed for HIMSELF, then HIS disciples, then those who believed in the words they preached. In every case HE mentions being one with each other just as HE is one with the FATHER.
The world is getting more and more selfish. Selfishness in marriage is at an all time high. Selfish churches drive people away. My selfishness doesn't make it any better.
GOD delivers people for me to minister to. I know I can't reach everyone in the world, but HE has some special people I can reach. With that small group of people I am supposed to act with unity. This will draw more and more people to the true light which is CHRIST HIMSELF.
- Unity takes grace.
- Unity takes patience.
- Unity takes practice.
- Unity takes care.
- Unity takes peace.
- Unity takes forgiveness.
I didn't know until now that GOD is asking me to have a full dose of unity. The world will not understand and maybe even laugh at my efforts, but this is my act of worship.
- Are you arguing to "win and be right" or to reconcile?
- Are you trying to get your way?
- Is your way GOD's way?
- Can you unify as an act of worship today?
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
24Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. 25"Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. 26In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. 27No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.
33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
I really can't believe how many times GOD says "ask and it will be given to you." I really think it's because I used to ask GOD for things like a child and HE would literally give them to me. Then as I studied the Bible more and got beat up by trying to do things on my own power, I realized that it wasn't so easy.
I asked to have people stay alive. They died. I asked for cancer not to spread in someone, it did. I asked for people to keep their job, they lost their job. I asked for people to get a job, they are still out of a job. I asked for marriages to stay together, they got divorced.
What? Doesn’t GOD hear me? HE is the one who said "ask for anything and I will get it." Then I read verse 33 and it said "In this world you WILL have trouble." So does that mean I can't ask for a trouble free life? Well, I can ask but I probably won't get it.
I remember hearing my kids pray for everyone in the world to be saved. That too is a great prayer, but GOD said there will be those who reject HIS SON. So this "asking" thing is tough.
When I ask for something I expect to get it, in my time and my way. GOD isn't like that from my experience. HE has blessed me financially, emotionally, physically and spiritually, but HE did it on HIS terms, not mine. I can only speak for myself when I apply this scripture to my life.
- GOD has said YES to me asking for HIS SON in my life.
- GOD has said YES to me asking for a new attitude towards others.
- GOD has said YES to me asking for wisdom to know HIM.
- GOD has said YES to me asking for understanding.
- GOD has said YES to me asking for compassion for others.
- GOD has said YES to me asking for reduction of fear.
- GOD has said YES to me asking for faith.
Many Christians are afraid of the "name it and claim it" kind of faith. What I find in the person who believes in this approach is they remain childlike in their belief which is exactly the way GOD expects us to be.
Just because "it" has never been done before doesn't mean "it" can’t happen now. GOD says "the FATHER HIMSELF loves you." I can go to the FATHER directly and ask for anything I want in JESUS name.
So what shall it be? Billions? Luxury? World Peace? These things would be nice, but I am asking GOD to have me touch many of HIS humans with words that keep them from rejecting HIS SON. I am asking that HE bless my efforts to grow in HIM. I am asking that HE show me part of HIS "plans to bless" me on a daily basis.
I'm not that noble. I also ask that HE bless me financially, but this time keep my heart from lusting over money, power and fame.
- What will you "ask" GOD for today?
- HE has said "ask" many times before, are you willing to try HIM again?
- When you ask are your hands wide open to receive what HE will give you?
- What is your motive for asking for that thing?
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
12"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.
At the risk of sounding crazy I tell you that a voice tells me to do things. Well, that did sound a little crazy so I'll clean it up. I get an "urge" to do something. Sometimes the urge is from me, sometimes it's from my sinful nature and other times its from the HOLY SPIRIT.
How do I know which is which? I must tell you the truth this is a very difficult thing to break apart and understand but I will try.
- I know the urge is "me" when I get sleepy
- I know the urge is "me" when I get hungry
- I know the urge is "me" when I feel rested and want to savor the moment.
- I know the urge is "me" when I am creative
Wow... this is hard to separate.
- I know the urge is "my sinful nature" when I want my way.
- I know the urge is "my sinful nature" when I compare myself to others.
- I know the urge is "my sinful nature" when I fear men more than GOD.
- I know the urge is "my sinful nature" when I contemplate sin over righteousness.
Now here is the easier part.
- I know the urge is "from the HOLY SPIRIT" when I get the desire to confess my sin to GOD.
- I know the urge is "from the HOLY SPIRIT" when I hear scripture and it stops me from sinning.
- I know the urge is "from the HOLY SPIRIT" when I do something for GOD that I didn't want to do like forgiving my enemy or spreading the gospel.
- I know the urge is "from the HOLY SPIRIT" when I love someone as an act of worship instead of loving myself as an act of selfishness.
I forget about the HOLY SPIRIT sometimes. I drag HIM into my sin daily and HE goes to the FATHER and asks for forgiveness each and every day. HE talks to GOD in ways I can't possibly understand.
When Satan tries to accuse me for my sins, the HOLY SPIRIT appears in front of the thrown and pleads on my behalf. GOD placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me to protect me and comfort me. Though my body may be bruised "I" am not bruised. Though people try to insult me "I" am not insulted.
Confusing? I will try to explain. My body is temporary but "I" was created eternal. The HOLY SPIRIT protects the eternal "me" but the temporary "me" gravitates to sin and can be hurt, sad, confused and fooled.
GOD put HIS HOLY SPIRIT here to judge the world and convict it of sin. By believing in JESUS I am given the HOLY SPIRIT and I am no longer guilty. Now I have the ability to listen to the HOLY SPIRIT.
- Are you listening to you or GOD?
- Do you believe in the FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT?
- Where do your fears, lusts and selfishness originate?
- Is there something you can give up today that the HOLY SPIRIT has prompted you to give up?
Monday, April 26, 2010
I still get surprised when someone doesn't like me for no reason at all. When a person puts me in a category because of some obscure thing that happened to them when they were six, it makes me upset and confused.
I have had people call me vulgar names and do some very nasty things to me throughout the years. When I was a kid, I didn't have much. I was teased about the little I had. My clothes were sometimes too short and I was never in style, so I yearned for a job.
I bought the latest clothes and then I was teased about my hair. I took care of that and then I was teased about my glasses. I bought the coolest frames. Then they said I was too skinny. Okay... enough change! I soon found out that I was chasing a rainbow trying to fit in. Unfortunately my resolve was short lived.
I went away to college and began to fit in. My best friend and I would laugh and have a good time. Then a couple of people hung out around us, then it was a small crowd. Soon we had a mob of people hanging out in our room or apartment. I had made it! The world loved me! Meanwhile I wasn't serving CHRIST at all.
- I wasn't telling people about GOD's son.
- I wasn't studying HIS word.
- I wasn't praying.
- I wasn't serving anyone.
- No fruit.
I did however have a lot of "friends" or at least I thought they were. Then a problem came up and another problem and another. I went to my "friends" and found out they weren't friends at all. They couldn't handle their own problems let alone mine.
I was alone in the middle of a crowd. I decided to try GOD again. I began teaching the Bible after studying it and getting cut by its words. A few people accepted what I was saying and they believed! What a great feeling. I wanted everyone to know about GOD's SON.
I started telling people about GOD and HIS wonderful grace and I noticed people who were my party friends started disappearing. So I tried harder. "You are going to like JESUS whether you like it or not!", I thought to myself. I went after them with a passion and I noticed the crowd getting smaller and smaller.
"Why isn't this working?" I thought about it and the LORD showed me my judgmental attitude to my approach. This is something GOD could not use so I made an adjustment and HE blessed me with 'plenty' in all aspects of my life.
Sound like a happy ending? Well I'm not done yet. After GOD showed me that I had a bad attitude and gave me the gift of grace and mercy I used my learning’s at work. They didn't like me being gracious and inclusive and they certainly didn't want to hear anything about how GOD had blessed me.
- The world will confuse me by sending mixed messages.
- The world will laugh at me for not having the latest thing.
- The world will scoff at my attempts at grace and mercy.
- The world will sneer at my relationship with CHRIST.
People in the business world get nervous about mentioning CHRIST because money is more important than the people. I will continue to serve people not money. I will serve humans who are down instead of building up the wealthy who don't care.
- GOD loves me even when the world hates me.
- GOD loves me when I don't have much.
- GOD loves me when I show compassion for all humans.
- GOD loves me in spite of my sins.
I am no longer worried about fitting in because GOD said the world will hate me because I love HIM. I definitely choose this path because the rewards are huge! Don't give up, love people while maintaining a good attitude and the rewards will be great.
- Do people dislike you for no reason?
- Do people dislike you because you belong to CHRIST?
- Are you fitting in with the "in crowd" a little too well?
- Are you sinning and justifying it by being accepted?
- Can you continue serving even though people dislike you?
Sunday, April 25, 2010
A life without pain,
Laughter without tears
Or sun without rain.
But He did promise
Strength for the day,
Comfort for the tears
And light for the way,
And for all who believe
In His Heaven above
He rewards their faith
In His everlasting love.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Speaking: What are you trying to say Yolanda?
Look forget about all that other junk
this battle ain't yours, its the lord's
think about it, and then start shouting help me sing
There is no pain, Jesus can't feel
There is no hurt, that He can not heal
For all things work [yes they do]
According to the masters purpose
and his holy will
no matter what [you in the balcony]
are going thru, remember that God only wants a chance to use you
for the battle is not yours its the Lord's
[we gonna tell the devil that all right?]
There's no sadness, Jesus can not feel
and there is no sorrow,
that the master is not able and willing to heal
remember that all things work
they're not gonna be all good
but they're shall work according to God's purpose and his holy will
no matter what, no matter what you're going thru
remember God sees all and he knows alland all he wants to do is use youfor this Battle is not yours its, its its its its the Lord’s
This battle is the Lord's. its the Lord's
[yes its the Lord's] it is the Lord's
[but in faith you've got to hold your head up high] hold your head up high
[you belong to the most high God you don't need to cry]
don't you cry its the Lord's
[its the Lord's] its the Lord's
[yeah, yeah yes its the Lord's] it is the Lord's
[No matter what] No matter what[You're going thru] Thru
[Remember its gonna be alright He's just using you]
God us only, using you for he's worthy
[No matter what] no matter what
[you happen to go thru right now] Thru
[Remember this will be a memory God is only using you]
God is only using you, for he's worthy
[You've got to have faith] No matter what
[You've got to know in your heart] thru
[That no matter what comes no matter what goes
God loves ya] God is only using you
[He loves ya (7x's)] its not yours
[And this battle is not yours] no
[He needs a chance to prove to your enemies that he is God]
Friday, April 23, 2010
I can tell when I get selfish. I get pouty and want my way and then I get angry at GOD or people when I don't get it. Does this pattern sound familiar with you? GOD says HE chose me to serve HIM and HIS humans. But what if I don't want to serve GOD?
When I try to get away from GOD a conflict grows inside me because HE is inside me and I am inside of HIM. When I get selfish I usually go in the direction of sin and the outcome is always bad. Sin leaves me empty and I feel like I can't please GOD, HIS people or myself.
JESUS said "if you want to bear fruit then remain in ME." What does remaining in HIM look like? Well HE says it clearly in this passage. "LOVE each other as I have LOVED you." JESUS lived on earth in the toughest conditions. HE was tempted to use HIS powers yet remained humble to stay human. HE died by the humans HE made and is now alive forgiving HIS humans for not choosing HIM.
GOD doesn't want me to die for the sins of mankind, JESUS did that already. HE just wants me to "not get my sinful way" every once in a while. HE wants me to "die" to my lifestyle of sin just for a moment so that I can point my life to what HIS SON has done for me.
This is difficult because I am selfish. I said I want, what I want, when I want it. JESUS says "give me your life and you will be better off." Now this doesn't mean I have to go and live in a monastery in the mountains. I believe it means taking some small steps to walk toward CHRIST.
- When I occasionally let go of sin, I can hear GOD clearly.
- When I occasionally let go of sin, I remain in HIM.
- When I occasionally let go of sin, I follow what GOD wants me to do.
- When I occasionally let go of sin, I give instead of receive.
- When I occasionally let go of sin, I love people I don't like.
- Following CHRIST means following HIS commands, not because I have to, because I want to.
- Following CHRIST means telling people about HIS SON either through words or actions.
- Following CHRIST means getting HIS way not my way.
- Following CHRIST means never being disappointed because I know I'm doing what HE says.
By giving up my life, I gain an eternal life that is far richer than anyone on this earth. My fruit will last foever.
- Are you remaining in CHRIST?
- What are you holding onto that you know is not pleasing to HIM?
- Do you think you can bear fruit in spite of what you are doing?
- Is there someone in your life who needs GOD?
Can you "lay down your life" for that person to see your example?
Thursday, April 22, 2010
I have had some times in my life where there was nothing but turmoil. It seemed like everything that I touched went wrong. I couldn't enjoy music or see sunny days. Why? Because I was focused on the many issues that came into my life.
I read this passage and wondered “why are these words here?” GOD knows I need to hear these words to know what HE is doing in my life. HE didn't have to tell me HE was putting HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me. HE could have just done it. But HE told me so that I could have peace.
I have to tell you that peace is so precious to me right now. When I find peace, I want to hold onto it as long as I can, because I know that trouble is lurking around the corner trying to steal it.
What is peace? I never really thought it through so here goes.
- Peace is knowing things will be alright.
- Peace is having security in GOD not in man.
- Peace is accepting the situation and not trying to steer what GOD is doing.
- Peace is enjoying that GOD is blessing in spite of sins.
- Peace is focusing on GOD's promises, not man's failures.
I find that sharing GOD's peace with others brings me peace. When I read about the peace HE has given me, I am compelled to tell others and they wind up with peace. GOD did a marvelous thing. HE gave us HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives inside those who believe in JESUS' death burial and resurrection for the forgiveness of sin.
The HOLY SPIRIT will teach and remind me that JESUS loves me and that things are not dark. HE will tell me to calm down when the storm hits. HE will let me know insights about GOD when I quiet my mind down and study GOD's Bible. HE will bring me peace.
Peace is very important to GOD. HE says over and over "Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." I have heard so many times to not "let" my heart be troubled. Maybe I have control over my heart.
- I control my heart by accepting what the HOLY SPIRIT says to it.
- I control my heart by helping others.
- I control my heart by not being held down by the enemy’s lies.
- I control my heart by believing GOD is on my side and wants only the best for me.
- Do you want peace today?
- Can you stop worrying for a minute and praise GOD for what HE is doing?
- Can you stop listening to the lies that pop into your head?
- Do you know you are valued and HE needs you to tell someone about HIS greatness?
- Can you praise GOD "now" for what HE is going to do for you?
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
If you had one "wish" today what would it be? Hold on, before you go down the usual path of riches and fame think about it in GOD's terms. I had to think about what I would wish for while examining what GOD wants from me. I found myself in a struggle.
GOD wants the world to know about HIS SON. HE knows there is something wrong with the riches of this world. They are based on sin and made with sin. The currency we use is developed to make greedy people wealthier, yet we crave it like a drug.
I have said "I just want enough to pay my bills", but what if my bills included buying a gold toothbrush, a bowling alley in my basement and a cable for my bicycle. My needs and wants are a mess so that must not be what GOD wants me to ask for.
What if I were to ask to become a miracle worker. To be able to heal people of any disease. Well, that fits into me becoming very powerful and having all eyes on me. GOD wants all eyes on HIM and HIS SON.
I thought I would simplify my "asking" but it always came down to more money, a better title and all eyes on me.
- GOD gave HIS SON to the world to die for our sins.
- GOD desires that every human not reject HIS SON.
- GOD knows the earth is cursed and earthly wealth is false.
- GOD walked amongst men without a penny.
- GOD knows we need to live on the earth which is controlled by the greedy.
Asking is more difficult than I imagined. Solomon was given the choice to "ask for anything" and he chose wisdom. GOD was extremely pleased with him, so much so, that HE gave him wisdom and earthly wealth that no other man ever had before or since.
My parents used to tell me "ask for wisdom, knowledge and understanding", so I did.
- GOD has given me the wisdom to know HIS SON is the way, the truth and the life.
- GOD has given me the knowledge of HIS word which is the Bible I read every day.
- GOD has given me the understanding that there is no greater prize than JESUS.
I can be tempted to ask for wealth, fame and fortune, but these things won't enable me to do "greater" things than JESUS. Somehow they distract me from what is true. It seems like GOD wants me to ask for more of HIM and HE will give it in ample supply.
If I ask for any one of these things, HE will supply it abundantly. There are two things I know GOD cannot do. HE can't cease to exist and HE cannot make me GOD, nor would I want HIM to. But HE can give me all that I ask for, especially if its something HE wants to give me.
- What will you ask for today?
- Are you still stuck on asking for financial gain?
- When is the last meal you've missed?
- Can you ask GOD "what would YOU like me to have today?"
- Is there a sinful part of your life that you are holding onto?
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
There are some days when I am just out of my mind! Worry goes through the roof when I think about all the turmoil going on in the world, especially in my own life. I used to ask "will there be any relief?"
At one point in my life I read these words and they did not comfort me at all. When JESUS tells me to "stop worrying" and I couldn't, I felt like a failure at following GOD and I worried more. That's because I wasn't looking at GOD through loving eyes.
- When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE has a plan.
- When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE knows the end before it begins.
- When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE can't wait for me to receive the blessing.
- When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE is comforting me not pushing me.
- When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE isn't scolding me rather trying to give me peace.
GOD tries to tell HIS humans that HE sees the dangers and troubles of life ahead so "brace yourselves." A sequence of events is in place that has to happen so get ready. When trouble hits you, "do not let your heart be troubled." In other words "When you worry, don't worry."
But how can I not worry about "this" situation? I've never gone through "this" before. The HOLY SPIRIT kicks in and reminds me that HE has brought me through many situations before and HE will take me through many others. Then JESUS leaves HIS words of comfort "I go to prepare a place for you."
You mean the GOD of the universe knows me? YES! To those who believe in JESUS, HE is preparing a place for us. I believe the heavens and the earth were created in six earthly days. Can you imagine what 2000 plus years of creation will be like? I can't fathom it. HE is still preparing a place just for me.
But what about earth and the people who have done wrong things to me? JESUS says "Don't worry about that either. I'M on my way back. And when I return, I will put everything in order and still allow free will to exist."
- JESUS said HE would come to earth as a human. HE did.
- JESUS said HE would die for the sins of every human. HE did.
- JESUS said HE would rise from the dead. HE did.
- JESUS said HE would build a place for me. HE is.
- JESUS said HE will return. HE will.
When I worry, I can count on GOD to fulfill HIS promises. HE says, "you don't have to worry, just focus on MY plans and know everything is already taken care of on earth and the new heaven." My focus, instead of worrying, is on HIM.
- What are you worried about that GOD can't handle?
- Just because you can't see the answer, does it mean GOD doesn't have a solution?
- GOD could get you out of your situation immediately, why hasn't HE?
- Can you turn your stress and worry into "plans" to help other people?
- Is the reason you aren't learning a lesson right now due to the fact that you should be teaching instead of learning?
Monday, April 19, 2010
I just had a discussion with my family about the rage and anger that has risen recently. It seems like there is tension everywhere. This tension has caused a flare up in murder, divorce and hate crimes which causes people to be more tense!
This issue seemed to be much larger than me. How in the world could I be part of the solution? I read this passage of scripture and I saw that GOD has taken care of all situations. "All situations", you ask, how can that be?
JESUS tells me to "LOVE one another" not "like one another." I have run into some sneaky, selfish, mean, nasty, hateful, prejudiced people in my life. These are the people who are hardest to serve. It's all about them all the time and they never say "please" or "thank you."
In fact some of these people do things to me intentionally because they hate me for what I stand for. People are getting more and more selfish, wanting their way "when" they want it and "how" they want it. I'm included in that group. The problem with being selfish is that it breeds hatred when I don't get my way.
GOD says for me to "LOVE" HIS humans. This is the only thing that can reduce rage, anger, hatred, prejudice and other ills of society.
- When I "LOVE" someone, I don't have to like their actions.
- When I "LOVE" someone, it's for GOD not for me.
- When I "LOVE" someone, I don't always feel like loving them (especially this time!).
- When I "LOVE" someone, sometimes they don't "deserve" to be loved.
- When I "LOVE" someone, I'm doing what CHRIST did for me.
GOD wired humans differently. HE knows we need love to survive. HE knows that we cannot serve others without love. Any selfish motive to manipulate another human to get my way is not love, its selfishness. GOD can tell the difference in my actions. HE knows when I actually "LOVE" someone for the purpose of them accepting JESUS as the savior.
- LOVE is an action word, "like" is a feeling.
- LOVE hangs in there, "like" goes away.
- LOVE forgives, "like" gets revenge.
- LOVE makes me give, "like" makes me hoard.
- LOVE takes faith, "like" says prove it to me.
Somehow GOD has chosen to work through HIS humans. HE created us with free will and allows us to act as stupid as we want to. HE placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in those who believe in HIS SON. These are the people who now throw away the feeling of "liking" someone and who truly "LOVE" the people right around them.
- Have you "LOVED" the person who makes you angry?
- What about "that" person at work or school, can you "LOVE" them today?
- A specific person just popped in your head just then, how will you show GOD's love to them today?
- Are you tired of "LOVING" a person who doesn't seem to care?
- Are you trying to manipulate that person instead of "LOVING" them?
Sunday, April 18, 2010
that cannot be bought or sold,
But its value is far greater
than a mountain made of gold.
For gold is cold and lifeless,
it can neither see nor hear
And in the time of trouble
it is powerless to cheer.
It has no ears to listen
nor heart to understand,
It cannot bring you comfort
or reach out a helping hand.
So when you ask God for a gift
Be thankful if He sends
Not diamonds, pearls, or riches
But the love of real true friends.
I read about a tragedy
I stopped and I realized
That it could have been me [ Ohhh ]
That could have been my mother
Or maybe even my big brother
But you kept them Just like you kept me
God has smiled on me
He has set me free [ Ohhh ]
God has ; Smiled on me
He's been good to me
Now I've been through some things that
i thought were unnecessary were
Way too much to carry all by myself
Yeahh ; you gave the strength to make it
though i thought i couldn't take it
feels good just to know that care
Yeah , yeah , yeahhh
God has smiled on me
He has set me free
[ woahh oo woahh oo woahh ]
God has smiled on me
He's been good to me
So glad i know you
So glad you're my friend
Whenever i need you
You're always near
You don't have to be so good
But you keep on smiling
God has smiled on me
He has set me free [ ohhh ]
God has [ has has has ] smiled on me
[ And he ' s good to ] Hes been good to me
Friday, April 16, 2010
I ask people all the time "Are you ready for "greatness?" I really didn't know what it meant to be "great." I used to think it was how my parents made me feel when I achieved something. Then I thought "greatness" was how the teachers made me feel when I got good grades. Later I thought "greatness" was how each company made me feel when I received an award. I received a lot of awards!"
Human greatness" is defined differently than GOD's greatness. Many people think they are great because of what they achieve on this earth and the accolades they are getting from their bosses, peers and subordinates. I know I used to think so.
- To be "Great" in GOD's eyes I have to be humble, not boastful.
- To be "Great" in GOD's eyes I need to recognize when to use grace instead of force.
- To be "Great" in GOD's eyes I have to learn about GOD's ways.
- To be "Great" in GOD's eyes I need to serve instead of being served.
"Great" people are rarely recognized. They are people who help others and serve others without bragging or boasting. Each and every day they serve someone without asking for anything in return. They usually have a lot of needs themselves, yet they give their all to others.
I ran away from "GOD's Greatness" to follow "Human Greatness." Let me tell you, it only takes you so far.
- Human Greatness is temporary.
- Human Greatness is fleeting.
- Human Greatness fills me up for a second and then leaves me emptier.
- Human Greatness makes me jealous of someone else’s achievements.
- Human Greatness makes me do anything to get it again, even compromise my values.
JESUS said, "You want to be great, wash someone's feet." HIS illustration was the lowest job on earth at that time. Wash dirt and animal poop from a poor person's foot. Kings, politicians and wealthy people could not understand this teaching. They had everything they would ever need, including a great title, yet they were not "great" in GOD's eyes unless they served people.
I have served people around the world and I have to say that it is not easy to see someone in need and not want to do everything it takes to help them out of their situation. GOD himself said "the poor you will always have." HE meant that humans would be too greedy to serve and share so you will always have poor people.
Now that I know what to do, I must do it. I must serve to be great in GOD's eyes.
- Are you ready for greatness?
- Who are you serving today?
- Do you have friends or family who are less fortunate than you?
- In spite of your situation can you serve someone today?
Thursday, April 15, 2010
25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.
Sin is a controversial topic. Many people have heard me say "We are all in the mud, throwing mud at each other while saying there's mud on you." Every human commits sin and I am no exception. I sin daily either in thought or in deed. But there is a difference in how GOD looks at humans who sin.
GOD looks at those who confess they are sinners as special people. When these people come looking for salvation they receive it abundantly. HE provides them with the HOLY SPIRIT who becomes their guide. While they remain sinners, they now have hope.
GOD also looks at those who do not confess they are sinners. They have no remorse for their condition and in most instances point out flaws in other people never once looking at their own condition. The Pharisees and pagans were in this group.
The religious people had a terrible time because they thought they were good when it was CHRIST that made a person good. The pagans who knew they were sinners, accepted CHRIST easier because they were saddened by their condition. Unfortunately there were some who liked their sinful acts and had no remorse or thought of letting it go.
CHRIST states that HE is the kernel of wheat who must fall to the ground and die to produce many seeds or Christians. The thing about a seed is that it's only value is to die to produce other seeds or to be eaten.
HE says to me that I must die to my life in order to keep it. What in the world does that mean? I think it means that each and every day I will make decisions that follow what GOD says or I won't. Every day I wake up with a choice, follow GOD or follow my own way of thinking.
The problem is my way of thinking is faulty. I want things "my way," "when I want it," "how I want it." When I fall into this trap nothing good comes out of it.
- When I follow my thinking, I justify my sinful acts.
- When I follow my thinking, I am not at peace.
- When I follow my thinking, I end up not pleasing anyone, not even myself.
- When I follow my thinking, I am full of blame.
- When I follow my thinking, I cannot hear what GOD is saying to me.
Why does GOD say over and over "Stop sinning" when HE knows I can't? Well, maybe HE knows I can stop sinning, at least long enough to hear HIM. The HOLY SPIRIT never yells, HE quietly speaks to me, persuading me to do better. HE guides me to look at the Bible each day. HE is the one who prompts me to pray and to forgive others when I don't want to.
- When I lose my life, I seek GOD's life.
- When I lose my life, I ask HIM "what does HE want me to do?"
- When I lose my life, I despise the sin I easily fall into.
- When I lose my life, I desire to serve rather than being served.
- When I lose my life, I no longer blame people, rather I look at my own sin in disgust.
Yes, I am saved! I believe JESUS died for my sin, now I am a seed. I too must die and give my life to HIM to do what HE wants to. It's up to HIM to 'give' and 'take away'. My life is HIS.
- What sin are you holding tightly onto?
- Are you tired of people blaming you for things?
- Are you energized by correction or does it drive you into rage?
- Are you seeking to serve or to be served?
- Can you hear GOD today?
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
15"Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt."
16At first his disciples did not understand all this. Only after Jesus was glorified did they realize that these things had been written about him and that they had done these things to him.
17Now the crowd that was with him when he called Lazarus from the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to spread the word. 18Many people, because they had heard that he had given this miraculous sign, went out to meet him. 19So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!"
Looking back on my life I can recognize that I am a blind man feeling my way through life. When I say blind, I mean spiritually blind. I think this is why I crave to have order and control in my life because I am spiritually blind.
While I am blind, I can "see" times in my life that GOD has brought me through troubles. I remember doctors saying that a relative had holes in their back before birth indicating some sort of disease. After a lot of prayer, the baby was born healthy.
I remember relatives being diagnosed with cancer. Thirty five years later, they are still here spreading the gospel. GOD has worked many miracles in my life that people often write off as coincidences or they give me credit for my "business acumen." But I know that it was GOD who worked in my life every step of the way.
- GOD is in control of every situation.
- GOD has already defeated the enemy.
- GOD will never leave you alone.
- GOD can do anything just by speaking.
The blind Jews of that day recognized the true KING. The saw HIM raise a human from the dead! JESUS made sure all humans would give HIM credit so HE waited for the corpse to begin to decompose and rot.
HE reversed the rotting process, put fresh blood in his body and restored his memory. Everyone who saw this rejoiced! They couldn't hold it in. They shouted in the streets, ran around town and told everyone that the Savior of the world is here!
JESUS made HIS "Triumphant Entry" into Jerusalem as predicted by the scriptures. This would be HIS last week on earth as a human. HE knew that HIS ultimate task was upon HIM. The blind Jews didn't know what was coming. They rejoiced and celebrated because a magical earthly king was setting up a kingdom, or at least they thought HE would.
I realize that I am blind, therefore I can see. I know I am deaf, therefore I can hear. I know I am a sinner needing salvation therefore I hold eternal life through JESUS.
- Can you "see?"
- Can you "hear?"
- What is GOD showing you about yourself?
- What is GOD telling you to do?
- If your plan is GOD's plan then why do you think the plan will fail?
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
John 11:32When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died." 33When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. 34"Where have you laid him?" he asked. "Come and see, Lord," they replied. 35Jesus wept. 36Then the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"
There are some days when I feel everyone misunderstands me. Frowns and scowls penetrate my soul and the word "no" just keeps on popping up on those days. It seems like the clouds hide the sunshine and things seem dark. On those days it also seems like no one cares.
I may pick myself up and dust myself off only to find a surprise bill, broken vehicle or a new ache. Where did "that" pain come from? Sympathy and empathy are fleeting these days. Everyone has issues and are facing some sort of crisis. If they aren't then they are unplugged from humans.
GOD steps into the picture and sees my pain. HE knows exactly how I feel and knows I am human. I get sad, not often, but I still do. When I have these moments I see that HE truly cares.
I used to think that GOD had all of these "tests" for me to see if I was worthy to be in HIS presence some day. I thought HE set up an elaborate obstacle course in life for HIS amusement to watch me fail over and over again. What a poor vision of GOD.
- GOD knows how HE made me.
- GOD knows what purpose HE made me.
- GOD knows what I am trying to hide.
- GOD knows how to use my sinful self for HIS great purpose.
- GOD knows I would never choose HIM.
- GOD knows HE needed to die in my place.
- GOD knows.
Lazarus died and JESUS waited an extra day on purpose. People knew HE could heal, but they had never saw anyone raised from the dead. JESUS saw their pain and did not scold them for missing a person.
HE understood that even though people who believed in HIM immediately went to paradise, those who remain would be saddened by the loss. HE actually cares about this.
HE is very focused on the new kingdom HE is creating, but HE understands that we have to live here on earth. HE inspired the Bible for us to use as a guide back to HIM while we live on this earth. This shows HE cares about what happens here each and every day.
- When I doubt GOD, HE protects me.
- When I leave GOD, HE remains living inside of me.
- When I blame GOD, HE provides for me.
JESUS understands everyone of HIS humans more than we can ever know. HE knows how you and I reject HIS word every day, yet HE cares.
- Do you feel misunderstood?
- Do you think no one cares?
- Have you trusted that JESUS cares?
- Do you care?
Monday, April 12, 2010
I get excited when I read that GOD is holding onto me tightly. This passage of scripture is used as the "assurance" that I can NEVER lose my salvation. Now that I believe that GOD became a man and died for my sins and is now alive as the ruling authority in my life, I will never perish. No one can snatch me out of JESUS' hand.
But why do I worry about the future knowing that I am saved? I had to think about it for a while this morning, then I realized my worries come from focusing on things GOD should be concerned with. GOD owns the past, present and future and HE allows us to live only in the present.
- When I look at the future, I get worried.
- When I look at the future, I can only see it through sinful fearful eyes.
- When I look at the future, I say to GOD "YOU don't have a plan for my life."
- When I look at the future, I use today's problems and apply them to the future.
- When I look at the future, I try to take control of my life.
- When I look at the future, I doubt GOD.
It takes faith to let go of the past and the future. GOD placed me in HIS hand and no one can ever get me out of HIS hand, not even me! This IS my future and that's all I have to worry about. The sins of the past are just where they belong, in the past.
I can now focus on the present. Right now, at this moment in time, as I read this passage, I see that GOD has taken care of everything. I can see GOD's love and how HE controls HIS wonderful plans for me.
How do I know HE has wonderful plans for me? Because I am in HIS hands. There is no safer place.
- When I am in GOD's hands earthly problems are not really problems.
- When I am in GOD's hands I can actually see what HE is doing even through trials.
- When I am in GOD's hands I don't blame HIM or others for what I am going through.
- When I am in GOD's hands I focus on today, not tomorrow.
- When I am in GOD's hands I see love not punishment.
When I remain in the present and I see that GOD is working in my life, my fears doubts and worries dissipate. I get back to where HE wants me and I let HIM do what HE does best which is handling HIS wonderful plans for me.
- Are you worried about your future?
- What can you do about your future?
- Can you take a moment each day to focus on what HE is doing for you right now?
- Has GOD ever rescued you in the past?
- Will HE continue to rescue you?
- Why do you depend on your faulty fears and not on GOD's strength?
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Whatever is happening to me,
No matter how heavy my heart is
Or how dark the moment may be-
If I can remain calm and quiet
With all the world crashing about me,
Secure in the knowledge God loves me
When everyone else seems to doubt me-
If I can but keep on believing
What I know in my heart to be true,
That darkness will fade with the morning
And that this will pass away, too-
Then nothing in life can defeat me
For as long as this knowledge remains
I can suffer whatever is happening
For I know God will break all of the chains
That are binding me tight in the darkness
And trying to fill me with fear-
For there is no night without dawning
And I know that my morning is near.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
He never slumbers
He watches me both night and day
(Day and night / night and day)
He never sleeps,
He never slumbers
The reason I know - He told me so
I don´t to worry, my soul´s in His care
I don´t have to worry, He´ll always be there
I know that He´s watching wherever I go
I know that He´s watching, He told me so
He never sleeps,
He never slumbers
He watches me both night and day
(Day and night / night and day)
He never sleeps,
He never slumbers
The reason I know - He told me so
Friday, April 9, 2010
37Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you."
38Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him.
39Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."
40Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"
41Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
I have to be careful with my thoughts each day. When I do the right things for GOD like study, prayer, and serving people, I tend to get proud of myself. All of the things I just named are great with the exception of the pride.
My pride leads me to desire others to become like me. You may say, "What's wrong with that?" Well, sometimes in my zeal, I may become blind to their true needs. I may be so busy trying to push my excitement that I miss what the person is really going through.
Spiritual blindness is probably the greatest disease that humans can face. Yes there is the obvious act of blindness that people commit like never praying, reading or serving, but the blindness GOD hates the most is when a person thinks they are better than other humans in their walk with GOD.
My excitement that I am able to study HIS word, understand it , apply it to my life, pray for people and serve others should never go beyond myself and GOD. I should be surprised every time someone is drawn to GOD through my actions.
- I should not be blind to Who GOD is.
- I should not be blind to HIS position and power.
- I should not be blind to another humans needs.
- I should not be blind to my own sin.
- I should not be blind to GOD's grace for me.
- I should not be blind to how happy and excited GOD is for me and about me!
JESUS says to the "churchy" people who studied the Bible and did not apply it to themselves rather to others, "You are spiritually blind." Going to church, saying "I love the LORD" and paying tithes do not make me "see." It is when I approach GOD and tell HIM "I am a sinner and I do not deserve YOUR grace" that opens my eyes.
- GOD opens my eyes when I admit I sin.
- GOD opens my eyes when I put my judgment of others away.
- GOD opens my eyes when I ask HIM to help me reduce my sin.
- GOD opens my eyes when I give my situations to HIM.
- GOD opens my eyes when I humbly approach HIM.
Many times I have thought I was "all that" when it came to serving GOD. Turns out that some of those times, I was serving myself instead of HIM.
- Are you proud of your accomplishments or are you pointing your life to GOD?
- Are you too caught up in your issues to not "see" what GOD is doing?
- Are you trying to control someone?
- Have you decided to not serve someone or a group of people?
- How are you serving those who don't deserve it today?
Thursday, April 8, 2010
3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. 4As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
6Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes. 7"Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.
I have said to GOD on many occasions "why me?" I remember being in high school and running for the bus and the bus driver showed up a little early that day causing me to miss it. "Why me?" In college a person ran a light and hit my car. "Why me?" My things have been stolen on a number of occasions. "Why me?"
My "Why Me" moments began to stretch into other areas of my life. I would leave on time for work and there would be an accident. "Why me?" A plane would be delayed and I had to sit in the airport for hours. "Why me?" Someone in my family would get sick or die. "Why me?" A boss would lie cheat or steal his way to the top while intentionally damaging my career. "Why me?" I would get sick or hurt. "Why me?"
I could go on and on about my "Why Me" moments, but as I read this passage I realized that maybe something else is going on. JESUS came into this sinful world to be a beacon of light. A beacon is a special light that is brighter than any other light.
HE shined HIS light by performing miracles, teaching humans HIS ways, dying for mankind and developing a wonderful new home for all who believe. HE knew this man was blind since birth. HE made him that way. The reason was not punishment but praise.
Wow! "That seems harsh" you say. From a humans perspective it does, but looking at it from GOD's perspective it's amazing! GOD created "choice". Satan chose to oppose HIM. He tricked humans into sinning and invoked GOD's curse on the world. Trouble now happens. GOD is now cleaning up the trouble through HIS SON.
- When a problem happens GOD is with me.
- When a problem happens GOD provides peace.
- When a problem happens GOD will rescue me in HIS time and in HIS way.
- When a problem happens GOD remains in control.
- When a problem happens GOD still loves me.
- When a problem happens GOD will receive praise for rescuing me.
I used to ask "Why Me?" but now I ask "Why not me?" By following JESUS, I made an enemy in Satan. He will not stop and does not care. GOD is not the problem rather HE is the solution. In the middle of my "Why Me?" moment I need to quiet my heart and focus on what GOD is doing, not what's going on.
- Are you going through something that is out of your control?
- Do you realize that you are a testimony to GOD?
- Can you tell people about CHRIST in the middle of your circumstance instead of waiting to be rescued?
- Will people be amazed that you can praise GOD in the middle of your trouble?
- How many people will be drawn to GOD after seeing you praise HIM during your trouble?
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
9At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"
11"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."
I read this situation and I saw three people, the accused, the accusers and GOD. Years ago I used to think I was like the accused. Yes, I may have sinned but the way the religious people handled me seemed harsh and uncaring. They were busy making sure that I confessed my sin while they went about committing their own.
Now years later, I see there are instances where I have become the accuser. It’s easy to do. When I read the Bible, I wanted to clean up my act. It felt good to drop off those sins and to worship GOD. But somewhere along the way, I picked up a new sin that GOD despises, the sin of judgment.
- When I judge people by what they are wearing (cheap or expensive) I miss who they really are.
- When I judge people by their driving, I miss out on praying for their distractions.
- When I judge people by what they are still doing or not doing, I miss out on being graceful.
- When I judge people by what they say, I cannot hear their pain.
- When I judge people by their title, I cannot understand GOD's plan for that person.
- When I judge people by their monetary status, I make assumptions that are wrong.
- When I judge people by where they work or not work, close the door on a relationship that could bring them closer to CHRIST.
It slips in so easy! Judgment happens when a person thinks they have made it. When a person believes they are clean and others have to do the same is the moment they become an enemy of GOD.
The third person in this story is GOD. HE is the only one able to accuse or forgive people. As HE wrote on the ground the accusers quickly saw what they had done. I have no idea what HE wrote, but it could have been their name and the current sin they were committing.
HE says some very interesting words. "Then neither do I condemn you" and "Go now and leave your life of sin." I like the first set of words because it shows that GOD loves me in the middle of my sins. But I don't like the last set of words. I want to keep sinning and have GOD keep forgiving me without consequence. GOD wants me to stop my sin.
Each day I choose a side. The only side I cannot choose is being GOD.
- Are you judging someone today?
- Are you holding onto sin and trying to justify it?
- Will you show grace and mercy to someone today?
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
I was born with a sin nature. This means my natural inclination is to do the opposite thing GOD wants me to do. When HE says to trust HIM, I fill my heart with fear and doubt. When HE says to love someone, I build my case for why I need to be loved. Even my righteous acts exhaust me sometimes because I am doing them to get recognized by humans.
GOD did a great thing in my life, HE allowed HIS SON to die for my sins and now that I believe in HIM I was given the HOLY SPIRIT who lives inside of me. What a tough job! JESUS did a wonderful thing, but few speak about the HOLY SPIRIT who lives inside each of those who believe in CHRIST.
- The HOLY SPIRIT sees every thought.
- The HOLY SPIRIT sees every sin.
- The HOLY SPIRIT protects me.
- The HOLY SPIRIT prays for me in ways I don't understand.
- The HOLY SPIRIT pleads to the FATHER for me on my behalf.
- The HOLY SPIRIT provides comfort when I am sad.
- The HOLY SPIRIT is the one who helps me bear fruit.
GOD did some amazing things to ensure HE would spend an eternity with me. HE wrote HIS laws on my heart. HE became the only human to never sin. HE became a sacrifice in place me. HE sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to live in my sinful body. HE prompts me to serve HIM the way HE wants to be served.
Now "streams of living water" flow from me.
- I can tell people that I do the wrong things and I am still accepted.
- I can tell people they are no longer bound to do the sin they easily fall into.
- I can tell people about my sin and not feel ashamed.
- I can tell people that I have joy instead of depression, fear and sorrow.
- I can tell people there is hope!
The HOLY SPIRIT gets little credit for living inside my sinful body. I don't have a clue what HE has done to make my life better, but I appreciate the love HE has shown me.
- Are you following what the HOLY SPIRIT is telling you?
- Is the little voice in your head telling you to serve or to be served?
- Are you focused on things GOD would cheer about or what humans would cheer about?
- Do you know legalism, fear, lust, envy and other sins can keep you from hearing the HOLY SPIRIT?
- What is the HOLY SPIRIT telling you today?
Monday, April 5, 2010
As a young Christian I used to think that I would "save" people with my words. I would get excited and tell people about CHRIST whether they wanted to hear it or not. I would make sure they heard the message each time I saw them.
I have grown up to see witnessing is much more than telling.
- Witnessing is caring for a person.
- Witnessing is praying for a person.
- Witnessing is listening to a person.
- Witnessing is not judging the person.
- Witnessing is blessing the person.
- Witnessing is laughing with the person.
I like to be accepted for who I am. When I sense people judging me, then I move away from them. It is no different for those who need a relationship with CHRIST. The minute they feel judged, the quicker they move away from CHRIST and me.
GOD has shown me that I need to be a magnet to people. My life should be attractive to people so that they become curious. GOD will use my life to draw people to HIMSELF. HE is the attractor, not me or my words. If people point to me then that's a problem.
GOD draws people to HIMSELF by giving me the right words at the right time.
GOD draws people to HIMSELF by bringing circumstances in the persons' life that make them look for HIM.
GOD draws people to HIMSELF by accepting people just as they are.
GOD draws people to HIMSELF by demonstrating ultimate love through the death and resurrection of HIS SON JESUS.
When I finally realized that it is not me or my words that are attractive, then I began to bear fruit. I let go of people that I am trying to arm wrestle to CHRIST. HE has given me some people that I can specifically witness to. There are some people I cannot reach, but GOD will bring the right person in their life to draw them to HIMSELF.
- Do you think GOD can use you to bring people to HIMSELF?
- Are you trying to get credit for what GOD is doing in someone's life?
- Are you trying to witness on your own strength or on GOD's strength?
- Do you feel exhausted in your Christianity?
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Whatever people seek in Him, they find.
In history, there has never been another
So holy, sacrificial, good and kind.
His resurrection makes us all immortal;
In heaven, we’ll be together with our King.
Eternally we’ll share in all His blessings;
Happy Easter! Jesus Christ is everything!
Saturday, April 3, 2010
They're singing that you can be born again
Here the bells ringing
They're singing Christ is risen from the dead
The angel up on the tombstone
Said He has risen, just as He said
Quickly now, go tell his disciples
That Jesus Christ is no longer dead
Joy to the word, He has risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah
Hear the bells ringing
They're singing that you can be healed right now
Hear the bells ringing, they're singing
Christ, He will reveal it now
The angels, they all surround us
And they are ministering Jesus' power
Quickly now, reach out and receive it
For this could be your glorious hour
Joy to the world, He has risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah, hallelujah
The angel up on the tombstone
Said He has risen, just as He said
Quickly now, go tell his disciples
That Jesus Christ is no longer dead
Joy to the world, He has risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah
He's risen, hallelujah
Friday, April 2, 2010
7Philip answered him, "Eight months' wages would not buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!"
8Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, spoke up, 9"Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?"
10Jesus said, "Have the people sit down." There was plenty of grass in that place, and the men sat down, about five thousand of them. 11Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.
12When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, "Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted." 13So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.
It's Easter weekend, the time in which I celebrate the death and resurrection of CHRIST. This is a very special weekend to me because it is a time of celebrating what GOD did for me. HE came to earth as a man and died in my place. I deserved eternal separation from HIM but HE saved me.
GOD has amazing plans for you and me. Right before HIS capture HE had plans to feed a hungry crowd. It says 5000 men but the crowd was about 15,000 to 20,000 people. HE already knew what HE was going to do. HE was going to feed them. It doesn't say HE was going to harm them or put them through another trial.
HE was planning to take care of HIS people. Sometimes I forget that GOD has great plans for me. I plan things and when they don't go so well I ask GOD, "Why" or "What's going on between YOU and I?"
- Sometimes I want to go left and HE wants me to sit and watch.
- Sometimes I want to be rich and HE wants me to praise HIM.
- Sometimes I want to sit and do nothing and HE wants me to cry with someone.
- Sometimes I want to leave HIM alone and HE wants me to feed someone.
I hear many people say they can't hear GOD. I think it's because they are not listening to what HE has to say. I can hear HIM talking to me telling me to serve people and tell them about HIS SON.
When I get tired of doing that or when I sin and feel too ashamed to tell people about HIS SON, then instead of running away from GOD, HE troubles my SPIRIT and draws me to HIM. When I feel scared, HE sends HIS COMFORTER to provide me with peace.
JESUS has some marvelous plans for me every day. Yes, every day GOD desires a special, intimate, close relationship with me. HE enjoys when I bare my soul, confess my sins and tell people about HIS SON. HE knew what HE was going to do with this crowd and HE knows what HE is going to do with me.
- Can you hear what GOD wants from you today?
- Are you feeling like your plans are not working?
- Are you tired or energized?
- Is GOD providing for you?
- Do you know you are special to HIM?
Thursday, April 1, 2010
24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. 25I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. 27And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.
Okay, let me admit right now that I am a sinner. Whew! now that I got that off my chest I feel better. Over the years I realized that "ALL" sin will come out in the open no matter how much I try to hide it.
My sin that I think I do in private will be as public as being on the news. I was born a sinner so even when I don't sin I never deserve GOD's grace. My sinful nature sometimes demands that HE gives me grace and that HE does stuff for me and gives me stuff.
GOD just looks at me when I demand things from HIM and HE shows me grace. GOD the FATHER is amazing. HE is the most special FATHER anyone could have. HE gave all judgment to HIS SON JESUS and allowed JESUS to choose a sinner like me.
JESUS looks at all of my sin , hidden or overt and HE says "do you know the penalty?" I have to say back to HIM, "My sins should send me to hell." Then HE says "Don't worry, since you have heard my word, believed in the FATHER and ME, then you will have eternal life."
Wow! JESUS saved me from dying an eternal death. HE is the one who will judge mankind. So then I go on my merry way and I tell people about this great news. They see my excitement and they believe. This is great!
But then I saw someone who said they were a Christian commit sin. I was ready to jump on that person because the Bible says to tell people about their sins. After pouncing on a number of people I noticed that I wasn't drawing humans to GOD, I was repelling them.
I can't let people just go on sinning, what should I do? I have realized that I cannot reach everyone in the world so I have to reach the people HE has sent to me.
- When I tell people about my sin GOD draws people to HIM.
- When I tell people about my sin GOD helps them realize that they can be forgiven too.
- When I tell people about my sin GOD melts their heart so they can believe in HIS SON.
- When I tell people about my sin GOD says to them "there is hope for you too!"
I have attended churches where people are full of judgment. They wonder why all the "sinners" don't attend. They wonder why people are not listening to their message about CHRIST. Personally I believe that it is because JESUS doesn't need another judge. HE can do that HIMSELF.
- Are you judging others without confessing to them sins you commit?
- Have you told another person what they have done wrong without saying the wrong things you have done?
- Are you drawing people to GOD or are they running away from you?
- When is the last time you have talked about CHRIST to someone who isn't a Christian?Do you have any "true friends" who are not Christians?