Friday, April 9, 2010

Believing is "seeing", not the other way around.

John 9:35Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of Man?" 36"Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."

37Jesus said, "You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you."

38Then the man said, "Lord, I believe," and he worshiped him.

39Jesus said, "For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind."

40Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, "What? Are we blind too?"

41Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

==============================

I have to be careful with my thoughts each day. When I do the right things for GOD like study, prayer, and serving people, I tend to get proud of myself. All of the things I just named are great with the exception of the pride.

My pride leads me to desire others to become like me. You may say, "What's wrong with that?" Well, sometimes in my zeal, I may become blind to their true needs. I may be so busy trying to push my excitement that I miss what the person is really going through.

Spiritual blindness is probably the greatest disease that humans can face. Yes there is the obvious act of blindness that people commit like never praying, reading or serving, but the blindness GOD hates the most is when a person thinks they are better than other humans in their walk with GOD.

My excitement that I am able to study HIS word, understand it , apply it to my life, pray for people and serve others should never go beyond myself and GOD. I should be surprised every time someone is drawn to GOD through my actions.

  • I should not be blind to Who GOD is.
  • I should not be blind to HIS position and power.
  • I should not be blind to another humans needs.
  • I should not be blind to my own sin.
  • I should not be blind to GOD's grace for me.
  • I should not be blind to how happy and excited GOD is for me and about me!

JESUS says to the "churchy" people who studied the Bible and did not apply it to themselves rather to others, "You are spiritually blind." Going to church, saying "I love the LORD" and paying tithes do not make me "see." It is when I approach GOD and tell HIM "I am a sinner and I do not deserve YOUR grace" that opens my eyes.

  • GOD opens my eyes when I admit I sin.
  • GOD opens my eyes when I put my judgment of others away.
  • GOD opens my eyes when I ask HIM to help me reduce my sin.
  • GOD opens my eyes when I give my situations to HIM.
  • GOD opens my eyes when I humbly approach HIM.

Many times I have thought I was "all that" when it came to serving GOD. Turns out that some of those times, I was serving myself instead of HIM.

  • Are you proud of your accomplishments or are you pointing your life to GOD?
  • Are you too caught up in your issues to not "see" what GOD is doing?
  • Are you trying to control someone?
  • Have you decided to not serve someone or a group of people?
  • How are you serving those who don't deserve it today?

No comments:

Post a Comment