Friday, April 2, 2010

Do you know "GOD's plan" for you?

John 6:4The Jewish Passover Feast was near. 5When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?" 6He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.

7Philip answered him, "Eight months' wages would not buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!"

8Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, spoke up, 9"Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?"

10Jesus said, "Have the people sit down." There was plenty of grass in that place, and the men sat down, about five thousand of them. 11Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

12When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, "Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted." 13So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.

========================================

It's Easter weekend, the time in which I celebrate the death and resurrection of CHRIST. This is a very special weekend to me because it is a time of celebrating what GOD did for me. HE came to earth as a man and died in my place. I deserved eternal separation from HIM but HE saved me.

GOD has amazing plans for you and me. Right before HIS capture HE had plans to feed a hungry crowd. It says 5000 men but the crowd was about 15,000 to 20,000 people. HE already knew what HE was going to do. HE was going to feed them. It doesn't say HE was going to harm them or put them through another trial.

HE was planning to take care of HIS people. Sometimes I forget that GOD has great plans for me. I plan things and when they don't go so well I ask GOD, "Why" or "What's going on between YOU and I?"

  • Sometimes I want to go left and HE wants me to sit and watch.
  • Sometimes I want to be rich and HE wants me to praise HIM.
  • Sometimes I want to sit and do nothing and HE wants me to cry with someone.
  • Sometimes I want to leave HIM alone and HE wants me to feed someone.

I hear many people say they can't hear GOD. I think it's because they are not listening to what HE has to say. I can hear HIM talking to me telling me to serve people and tell them about HIS SON.

When I get tired of doing that or when I sin and feel too ashamed to tell people about HIS SON, then instead of running away from GOD, HE troubles my SPIRIT and draws me to HIM. When I feel scared, HE sends HIS COMFORTER to provide me with peace.

JESUS has some marvelous plans for me every day. Yes, every day GOD desires a special, intimate, close relationship with me. HE enjoys when I bare my soul, confess my sins and tell people about HIS SON. HE knew what HE was going to do with this crowd and HE knows what HE is going to do with me.

  • Can you hear what GOD wants from you today?
  • Are you feeling like your plans are not working?
  • Are you tired or energized?
  • Is GOD providing for you?
  • Do you know you are special to HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment