Wednesday, April 28, 2010

GOD says over and over "Ask", so why haven't you?

John 16:22So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. 23In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

24Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. 25"Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. 26In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. 27No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

==============================

33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

===============================

I really can't believe how many times GOD says "ask and it will be given to you." I really think it's because I used to ask GOD for things like a child and HE would literally give them to me. Then as I studied the Bible more and got beat up by trying to do things on my own power, I realized that it wasn't so easy.

I asked to have people stay alive. They died. I asked for cancer not to spread in someone, it did. I asked for people to keep their job, they lost their job. I asked for people to get a job, they are still out of a job. I asked for marriages to stay together, they got divorced.

What? Doesn’t GOD hear me? HE is the one who said "ask for anything and I will get it." Then I read verse 33 and it said "In this world you WILL have trouble." So does that mean I can't ask for a trouble free life? Well, I can ask but I probably won't get it.

I remember hearing my kids pray for everyone in the world to be saved. That too is a great prayer, but GOD said there will be those who reject HIS SON. So this "asking" thing is tough.

When I ask for something I expect to get it, in my time and my way. GOD isn't like that from my experience. HE has blessed me financially, emotionally, physically and spiritually, but HE did it on HIS terms, not mine. I can only speak for myself when I apply this scripture to my life.


  • GOD has said YES to me asking for HIS SON in my life.
  • GOD has said YES to me asking for a new attitude towards others.
  • GOD has said YES to me asking for wisdom to know HIM.
  • GOD has said YES to me asking for understanding.
  • GOD has said YES to me asking for compassion for others.
  • GOD has said YES to me asking for reduction of fear.
  • GOD has said YES to me asking for faith.

HE has blessed me with marriage and children, made me successful, and sustained me through tough times. HE enabled me to speak to people in other countries about HIS SON.

Many Christians are afraid of the "name it and claim it" kind of faith. What I find in the person who believes in this approach is they remain childlike in their belief which is exactly the way GOD expects us to be.

Just because "it" has never been done before doesn't mean "it" can’t happen now. GOD says "the FATHER HIMSELF loves you." I can go to the FATHER directly and ask for anything I want in JESUS name.

So what shall it be? Billions? Luxury? World Peace? These things would be nice, but I am asking GOD to have me touch many of HIS humans with words that keep them from rejecting HIS SON. I am asking that HE bless my efforts to grow in HIM. I am asking that HE show me part of HIS "plans to bless" me on a daily basis.

I'm not that noble. I also ask that HE bless me financially, but this time keep my heart from lusting over money, power and fame.


  • What will you "ask" GOD for today?
  • HE has said "ask" many times before, are you willing to try HIM again?
  • When you ask are your hands wide open to receive what HE will give you?
  • What is your motive for asking for that thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment