Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm conflicted and need help!

John 12:23Jesus replied, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

=========================================

Sin is a controversial topic. Many people have heard me say "We are all in the mud, throwing mud at each other while saying there's mud on you." Every human commits sin and I am no exception. I sin daily either in thought or in deed. But there is a difference in how GOD looks at humans who sin.

GOD looks at those who confess they are sinners as special people. When these people come looking for salvation they receive it abundantly. HE provides them with the HOLY SPIRIT who becomes their guide. While they remain sinners, they now have hope.

GOD also looks at those who do not confess they are sinners. They have no remorse for their condition and in most instances point out flaws in other people never once looking at their own condition. The Pharisees and pagans were in this group.

The religious people had a terrible time because they thought they were good when it was CHRIST that made a person good. The pagans who knew they were sinners, accepted CHRIST easier because they were saddened by their condition. Unfortunately there were some who liked their sinful acts and had no remorse or thought of letting it go.

CHRIST states that HE is the kernel of wheat who must fall to the ground and die to produce many seeds or Christians. The thing about a seed is that it's only value is to die to produce other seeds or to be eaten.

HE says to me that I must die to my life in order to keep it. What in the world does that mean? I think it means that each and every day I will make decisions that follow what GOD says or I won't. Every day I wake up with a choice, follow GOD or follow my own way of thinking.

The problem is my way of thinking is faulty. I want things "my way," "when I want it," "how I want it." When I fall into this trap nothing good comes out of it.

  • When I follow my thinking, I justify my sinful acts.
  • When I follow my thinking, I am not at peace.
  • When I follow my thinking, I end up not pleasing anyone, not even myself.
  • When I follow my thinking, I am full of blame.
  • When I follow my thinking, I cannot hear what GOD is saying to me.

Why does GOD say over and over "Stop sinning" when HE knows I can't? Well, maybe HE knows I can stop sinning, at least long enough to hear HIM. The HOLY SPIRIT never yells, HE quietly speaks to me, persuading me to do better. HE guides me to look at the Bible each day. HE is the one who prompts me to pray and to forgive others when I don't want to.

  • When I lose my life, I seek GOD's life.
  • When I lose my life, I ask HIM "what does HE want me to do?"
  • When I lose my life, I despise the sin I easily fall into.
  • When I lose my life, I desire to serve rather than being served.
  • When I lose my life, I no longer blame people, rather I look at my own sin in disgust.

Yes, I am saved! I believe JESUS died for my sin, now I am a seed. I too must die and give my life to HIM to do what HE wants to. It's up to HIM to 'give' and 'take away'. My life is HIS.

  • What sin are you holding tightly onto?
  • Are you tired of people blaming you for things?
  • Are you energized by correction or does it drive you into rage?
  • Are you seeking to serve or to be served?
  • Can you hear GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment