Friday, April 30, 2010

Where should my focus be?

John 18:36Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place." 37"You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You are right in saying I am a king. In fact, for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." 38"What is truth?" Pilate asked. With this he went out again to the Jews and said, "I find no basis for a charge against him.

===================================


JESUS' death and resurrection is the most amazing event to ever take place in history. The statements made about HIM were amazing because the people really didn't know what they were saying. "You are a king" acknowledges JESUS as the CHRIST, the ultimate leader of all the Jews.

I find all the events centered around JESUS' death to be fascinating. Hatred and jealousy drove mankind to lie about HIM. Humans had in their mind what the CHRIST should be, how he should look and what he should do.

It is quite amazing that this attitude is still around today. There is confusion on how to serve JESUS and who is serving HIM. People have searched for the antichrist for years. Humans pick a pet sin to protest while committing hidden sin.

I have been confused over the years about my purpose. I thought it was to go to church on Sunday, pay some money, listen to a guy talk about the Bible and go to work the rest of the week.

JESUS says HE came into the world for a specific purpose, to redeem mankind. HE told the "truth" and humans struggled with it. Pilate asks "What is truth?" and we still struggle with this statement.

Truth is so relative today. We have people fighting other Christians on what they wear, do and say. It has made me lose my focus at times, but scripture like this always bring me back to what I should focus on, namely JESUS.

HE died for me.
HE rescued me from punishment.
HE came here specifically for me.
HE rose for me.
HE is building a place for me.
HE knows me.

I am so happy that JESUS could save a sinner like me. I actually don't understand why HE likes me so much, but HE does. In HIM is all truth and that's where I should focus. Once I look at someone else and discuss their Christianity or lack thereof, I am acting like those who murdered JESUS.

My focus should be on exclaiming the GREAT news about CHRIST, not on the bad news about mankind.

Are you stuck doing something you know is wrong?
Are you judging others harshly?
What are you doing to further GOD's kingdom today?
Are you praying to get more of the world or more of the kingdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment