Thursday, April 8, 2010

Why Me?

John 9: 1As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

3"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. 4As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

6Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes. 7"Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

=================================

I have said to GOD on many occasions "why me?" I remember being in high school and running for the bus and the bus driver showed up a little early that day causing me to miss it. "Why me?" In college a person ran a light and hit my car. "Why me?" My things have been stolen on a number of occasions. "Why me?"

My "Why Me" moments began to stretch into other areas of my life. I would leave on time for work and there would be an accident. "Why me?" A plane would be delayed and I had to sit in the airport for hours. "Why me?" Someone in my family would get sick or die. "Why me?" A boss would lie cheat or steal his way to the top while intentionally damaging my career. "Why me?" I would get sick or hurt. "Why me?"

I could go on and on about my "Why Me" moments, but as I read this passage I realized that maybe something else is going on. JESUS came into this sinful world to be a beacon of light. A beacon is a special light that is brighter than any other light.

HE shined HIS light by performing miracles, teaching humans HIS ways, dying for mankind and developing a wonderful new home for all who believe. HE knew this man was blind since birth. HE made him that way. The reason was not punishment but praise.

Wow! "That seems harsh" you say. From a humans perspective it does, but looking at it from GOD's perspective it's amazing! GOD created "choice". Satan chose to oppose HIM. He tricked humans into sinning and invoked GOD's curse on the world. Trouble now happens. GOD is now cleaning up the trouble through HIS SON.

  • When a problem happens GOD is with me.
  • When a problem happens GOD provides peace.
  • When a problem happens GOD will rescue me in HIS time and in HIS way.
  • When a problem happens GOD remains in control.
  • When a problem happens GOD still loves me.
  • When a problem happens GOD will receive praise for rescuing me.

I used to ask "Why Me?" but now I ask "Why not me?" By following JESUS, I made an enemy in Satan. He will not stop and does not care. GOD is not the problem rather HE is the solution. In the middle of my "Why Me?" moment I need to quiet my heart and focus on what GOD is doing, not what's going on.

  • Are you going through something that is out of your control?
  • Do you realize that you are a testimony to GOD?
  • Can you tell people about CHRIST in the middle of your circumstance instead of waiting to be rescued?
  • Will people be amazed that you can praise GOD in the middle of your trouble?
  • How many people will be drawn to GOD after seeing you praise HIM during your trouble?

No comments:

Post a Comment