Monday, June 28, 2010

Have "Unshakeable" faith!

Romans 4:20Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness." 23The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, 24but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.


=======================================

I'd like to say my faith is "unshakeable", but it's not. I think I have "circumstantial" faith rather than "unshakeable" faith. What do I mean? When the circumstances are right, then my faith is strong. I can brag and boast about what GOD is doing and tell others to clean up their act.


 
When things are going wrong, watch out! I'm the first to run out the door screaming "help me!" Unshakeable faith is not like that. 
  • When I have true faith, then GOD is first and my plans are second. 
  • When I have true faith, people around me are affected in a positive way. 
  • When I have true faith, I watch GOD do HIS thing and I don't care how long it takes. 
  • When I have true faith, there is no question that GOD is in control of the circumstances.
Paul writes about Abraham who is credited as the "man of faith." Abraham was a scoundrel and a liar like me, yet he believed what GOD said about having a son in his old age. He and Sarah were supposed to have a miracle baby in their old age. He believed this would happen and his faith didn't waiver.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS promises. 
  • GOD said HE would "never" leave me nor forsake me. 
  • GOD said HE has great plans for me. 
  • GOD promised to protect me. 
GOD also said there would be problems while I live on this planet. HE knows there are people who have not fully given their heart to HIM and their faith is shake able. HE knows there are people who will try a little of everything just to cover the bases.

 
When I was younger, I was superstitious. I wouldn't step on cracks for fear of breaking my mother's back. I would read horoscopes and fortune cookies. I believed in the news as a predictor of the future. Now that I have matured in faith, I believe in GOD.
  • I believe GOD's SON is about to return. 
  • I believe GOD is shaking the world up so we will notice something BIG. 
  • I believe GOD is continually working in my life to reveal truth. 
  • I believe in GOD.

 

Belief that JESUS died for my sins gives me "unshakeable" faith. My words, actions and life should reflect GOD's grace and mercy daily. By showing this, I show others the example of "unshakeable" faith!
  • Does your faith waiver?
  • Are you nervous about something?
  • Where does faith come from?
  • Do you believe GOD has a great plan for you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment