Monday, February 21, 2011

I have no idea what’s in store for tomorrow!

James 4:  13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogant schemes. All such boasting is evil.

============

Our conference call was going well. We were planning the next years’ projects to move the business forward. I took the conference call from home so I watched the news on silent as we worked. As soon as the call was over, I saw a plane crash into a building. “What a tragedy” I thought to myself. Then another plane crashed into the other building.

In that moment everything changed for everyone in the United States and perhaps the world. All of our plans were for naught.
  • Planning is necessary but without GOD it has no future.
  • Planning without GOD can only bring on disaster.
  • Planning helps me get a good perspective on business, but what business can survive without GOD?
Just yesterday, I was talking about my business plans and didn’t mention GOD. I have no idea what’s in store for tomorrow! GOD could whisk me away in the blink of an eye then where would my plans be?

GOD did me a favor by leaving the past in the past and the future in HIS hands. I shouldn’t worry about either because HE is the one with a great plan for me.
  • GOD said “I have a plan for you.”
  • GOD said “I will not harm you.”
  • GOD said “I want to prosper you.”
Planning is necessary in most projects, businesses or vacations. The problem comes when I brag about “my plans” to become successful as if they were my plans in the first place. GOD has my life in check so I can’t brag about myself. The only statement I can truly say is “if the LORD says so then ‘it’ will happen.”
  • Do you have big plans for tomorrow, next month or next year?
  • Have you asked GOD if this is the plan HE has for you?
  • Are you ready for something to go wrong with those plans?
  • Will you be alright if GOD thoroughly changes your plans?
  • Do you know that GOD has plans for you that are all for good?

No comments:

Post a Comment