Friday, February 25, 2011

Make my time useful.

1 Peter 1 24 For,
   “All people are like grass,
   and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
 25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

============

“Who wants to clean toilets forever” I thought to myself. “I’ll just finish the job quickly and I can slip away for a little ‘me’ time.” When I returned, I could hear the familiar sound of keys jingling as my supervisor walked around looking for me.

Disappointment was the look he gave me when we connected. “I thought you were good” were the words that pierced my soul to this day. I had not made good use of my time.
  • Hoarding money is a waste of my time.
  • Being combative and using people is a waste of my time.
  • Fulfilling every lustful sensual pleasure is a waste of my time.
  • Forgetting to help people while I lay around on vacation is a waste of my time.
My time on earth is very limited. When I look back on the times I have spent doing nothing or mistreating GOD’s humans I shudder because I could have been doing something better with my life. Fortunately GOD has given me the present so I don’t have to dwell in the past. Here are the changes I can make right away.

  • I can focus a small portion of my day communicating with GOD because HE likes to talk to me.
  • I can give a little of my money instead of buying everything for myself because someone needs help.
  • I can forget my troubles by helping someone who is in trouble because GOD gets excited when I serve HIS humans.
Time is much too short to fill it with complaints or plots to get my way or evil plans that will amount to nothing but GOD’s anger towards me. I have no idea when GOD will call me home but in that time I could pray, serve, laugh encourage, be kind, be loyal, and most of all love.
  • What are you doing with your time?
  • Are you serving others?
  • Can you reach out to help someone today?
  • Will you choose to make better use of your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment