Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Prayer is powerful!

James 5:  13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.

15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

============

One of my grandmothers had enough of difficult living. She had come to the end of her life, looked back and saw her efforts of training her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren in the LORD were good. I was blessed with studying the Bible with her.

During one of the last sessions she said something very strange. “Please don’t pray to keep me here on this earth” she said “If you do then the LORD will grant your prayer but I’m ready to go home.”

  • Prayer is a time where all mighty GOD stops and listens to me.
  • Prayer is a time when nothing else is important than listening to me.
  • Prayer is a time when GOD gets excited because HE created me to be with me.

GOD loves prayer! That’s about as plain as I can make it. HE loves when I communicate with HIM in all circumstances, not just trouble. HE enjoys a good, fresh conversation that describes my thoughts and HE really gets excited when I give HIM credit where credit is due.

But sometimes it seems like my prayers aren’t heard. Well, they are.

  • My prayers are always heard but many times I’m not ready for the answer.
  • My prayers are always heard but sometimes the answer is no!
  • My prayers are always heard and every time I’m the one who gets changed, not GOD.

I am declared righteous by GOD because I believe JESUS died for my sins. I can now ask the FATHER for any and everything and HE will listen. HE especially loves when I am not selfish and I pray for someone else’s wellbeing.  My persistent, earnest prayer yields results every time. I have seen disease cured, disaster averted and depression dispersed.

I pray, GOD listens, that’s a nice relationship!

  • Are you in trouble?
  • Do you feel excited and elated?
  • Is your day just so-so?
  • Have you prayed to GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment