Thursday, February 10, 2011

You mean my actions are “my responsibility?”

James 1: 13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

============

Last week we received a coupon for a free product because the old one had a defect. I took the old back to the store with the coupon and due to some confusion I got my money back like I was supposed to, but I also got the product and the receipt.

After leaving the store the thought popped in my head. All I had to do was go to another store of this chain and get more money! Where did that thought come from and what would GOD think about that?

  • Humans are born with the lust of the eyes.
  • Humans have the lust of the flesh.
  • Humans love themselves so they have the pride of life.

Sinning is what “I” do, not what GOD puts in front of me.  HE isn’t using life as an experiment to see who will choose HIM or not, rather HE already knows that no one would choose HIM yet HE died for me anyway.

GOD doesn’t set temptations in front of me to see how I will react. HE doesn’t stand around with a clipboard marking down problems when I yield to sin. HE knows I am born with a sin nature that doesn’t want to follow HIS ways. HE also knows I don’t want to help HIS people, especially the ones who don’t like me.

GOD is pure love. HE wants the best for me and all humans. HE wants me to realize that sin has a devastating effect on me that I truly don’t understand.

  • My own lusts tempt me, so I need to put them in check.
  • When I am tempted then I want to sin, so I need a way "out" before I sin.
  • When I sin I am supposed to go to Hell, so I need a savior from this terrible sentence.

Fortunately for me, GOD died just for me and HE is alive for me! HE placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me and now when temptation arises I am reminded that I don’t need to sin because I have something better. I have GOD. HIS promises are much better than the medicine of sin.

  • Are you falling to your own temptations?
  • Are you blaming GOD for your decisions or the circumstance you got yourself into?
  • Can you take responsibility for your actions?
  • Can you thank GOD for being so patient with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment