Monday, April 18, 2011

How should I spend my time praying?

Revelation 8:  3 Another angel, who had a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense to offer, with the prayers of all God’s people, on the golden altar in front of the throne. 4 The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand.

============

“Red” I thought to myself. This would be the color of my Corvette. The preacher had just said pray and it will be given to you and I wanted a 1968 vintage automobile. A couple of years later I went on a mission’s trip and saw people who lived in houses no bigger than my cubicle at work.

We stopped in an area known as the “high density” area meaning there was a LOT of people. As I looked at their somber faces I could see hope was needed but not imparted to this group of people. My prayer quickly changed from wanting that thing to wanting peace and salvation to anyone I spoke to. My prayers were answered.

  • Sometimes I have wasted my worship asking GOD for something I didn’t need.
  • Sometimes I have wasted my worship asking GOD for something HE doesn’t want me to have.
  • Sometimes I have wasted my worship asking GOD for something that would make me comfortable instead of something that would make me grow.

Prayer is a form of worshipping GOD. HE truly enjoys when I acknowledge HIS position as “GOD” and not my buddy. Yes he did call me a friend and HE pulled me into HIS family, but I still have to recognize HIS position, especially when I pout over not getting my way.

  • Everything was created by GOD who always existed.
  • Everything was created for HIS purpose and pleasure.
  • Many things GOD created may never be seen by humans.

Some of my prayers need to recognize that GOD is almighty, all knowing, everywhere and is all loving. Yes I recognize there will be many conversations between me and GOD that are focused on my situation, but the more I can truly worship GOD the more excited HE gets. GOD is worthy of honorable worship!

  • Do you truly worship GOD?
  • What about GOD do you admire?
  • Can you recognize HIS position as GOD while keeping HIM your friend today?

No comments:

Post a Comment