Friday, October 21, 2011

Can I learn from my mistakes?

John 6: 45 It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46 No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47 Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life.

============

Stretching the truth about myself became a defense mechanism in uncomfortable situations. It seemed like the tougher the boss the more I sunk into covering up my mistakes rather than letting them be known.

Little did I know that one of my “hidden” mistakes would quickly surface and cost the company some money. You would think I would learn my lesson from that but I did it again until I met someone with compassion who enabled me to face my mistakes and face fears.

  • Mistakes are a part of life.
  • Sin will always be with me.
  • Stuff will be broken and stolen.
  • Things will not go as planned.

When the wheels fly off my plans I panic and work myself into a frenzy. My mind races towards the negative quickly overstepping GOD’s boundaries of my life. I think and overthink the situation when in reality there is a simple explanation for what’s going on.

  • GOD says “Come unto ME and learn from ME and I will give you rest.”
  • GOD says “I will lead you besides still waters.”
  • GOD says “I will restore your soul.”
  • GOD says “I will lead you on the path of righteousness for MY namesake.”

Truth, love, kindness and peace are a few things GOD can teach me by coming to HIM for my lessons. I never feel like a failure nor do I feel unwanted by GOD. I always feel forgiven because I am. HE enables me to rest and HE gives me peace that humans can’t. HE has given me the “bread of life” which is HIS SON.

  • What are you dealing with?
  • Can you seek GOD’s comforting words in Psalm 23?
  • Won’t you take a moment to face your fears and acknowledge your frailty?
  • Can you recognize you are connected to the most powerful being so you can never fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment