Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Can I raise myself from the dead?

John 2: 18 The Jews then responded to him, “What sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?”

 19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”

 20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

============

The human body is quite fascinating to me. I see its healing capability and I just marvel at its complexity. Every now and then I will do something crazy to my body and challenge its healing proficiency. Some of those times I needed a doctor.

After being hurt and healed many times I realize more and more that I can’t even heal myself. How am I going to raise myself from the dead?

  • My time on Earth is temporary.
  • My life here on Earth is short and prepares me for eternity.
  • My physical body can be bumped, beaten and bruised but my eternal body will always remain intact.

How can a dead person raise itself back to life? JESUS showed me that HE has full authority over life and death. HE and the FATHER are one, yet somehow JESUS HIMSELF took the burden for all my sins and for a moment had all blame placed on HIM.

  • JESUS knew exactly when HE was going to die.
  • JESUS knew exactly who was behind the plot to murder HIM.
  • JESUS knew exactly who HE was and is so HE didn't have to prove HIMSELF to humans.
  • JESUS knew exactly what HE was going to do after HE died, namely raise HIMSELF from the dead.

The FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT were in agreement when JESUS volunteered for this fate and somehow they shared in the pain equally. I guess that’s why belief in JESUS is so important.

  • Are you focused on today’s current events so much that you forget GOD is in control?
  • Are your prayers still selfish?
  • Will you stop for a moment to recognize what GOD is doing in your life?
  • Do you “need” GOD or are you trying to be self-sufficient?

No comments:

Post a Comment