Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Looks can be deceiving.

John 4: 39 Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41 And because of his words many more became believers.

 42 They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world.”

============

Telling everyone about the wrong things I have done in my life is actually no party.  I liked when people would complement me on how “good” I was because it fit right into the political game I was playing so well. Seems as if people didn’t really care if I were actually sincere with my “goodness”, as long as I had the appearance, I would be okay.

It seems as if the better I look to humans the worse I look to GOD.
GOD looks through my “got it together” exterior only to find a messed up interior.
Fear ensues when I have to publicly confess my wicked heart because I may damage my reputation.

Testimonies are what the world needs yet we pursue the wealthy and powerful who hide their stories so well. The more resources I had the easier it was to hide my lusts. It was kind of a diversion tactic to throw people off my scent. BUT GOD wants a testimony.

  • GOD is pleased when I tell people I have lusted and “battle” it even today in order to stay married.
  • GOD is pleased when I tell people I had no limits to the evil I would have gone along with to keep my wealth and power.
  • GOD is pleased when I tell people I am no better than the worse sinner no matter how heinous the crime.

None of my sins have power over me any longer. I tell people about my fears, doubts and worries and then I look around and they are gone. GOD reaches into my heart and cleans out the gook and grime and replaces it with HIS tenderness.

I guess by telling people about my sin they will not revere me rather they can confess their sins and revere the one who died for them, namely JESUS. The Samaritans didn’t like the Jews uppity ways of trying to “appear” clean. They finally had true “Great News” that JESUS doesn’t care about sin rather HE cares about sinners like me.

  • What sin are you trying to hide?
  • What sin are you openly broadcasting?
  • Do you think GOD is pleased with the thing you are trying to hide?
  • Can you confess to others and stop trying to appear “good” so GOD can use your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment