Friday, October 7, 2011

GOD wants me to “know” HIM with my heart!

John 4: 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

============

Remembering the “Be-Attitudes” was a goal of mine because my Sunday school teacher told me to do it.  Maybe I would get some sort of prize if I could spit out these memorable verses. I did and I believe there was some sort of ribbon or a token.

Look at me! I can remember verses and spit them out really fast!  I will be the envy of my class and I’m sure GOD is pleased with my knowledge!
  • Knowing GOD’s word doesn’t mean I know GOD.
  • Going to church doesn’t mean I am following GOD.
  • Being nice doesn’t mean I am living GOD’s ways.
Without “the SPIRIT” I cannot worship GOD.  Without understanding GOD’s word which is the “truth”, I cannot worship GOD.  Both are equally important. “How do I know?” you ask, because HE placed both in my heart to make sure I worship HIM the right way.
  • Before I was born, GOD wrote HIS word on my heart.
  • After my birth my sin nature makes me forget my relationship with GOD so I had to realize I was like everyone else, a sinner.
  • When I believed JESUS is GOD who saved me from eternal separation from HIM, I received the HOLY SPIRIT and eternal life.
With the HOLY SPIRIT and GOD’s word, I can worship HIM the way HE wants to be worshipped. As I get more mature with my walk with GOD I realize my “heart” knowledge of GOD is just as important as my “head” knowledge of HIM.  I can know someone needs help, but without compassion I will not be moved to do anything.

I can try to worship GOD because it’s the right thing to do, but HE really wants me to “want” to serve HIM instead of being obligated.
  • Serving GOD in SPIRIT and in Truth should be an exciting experience between just HIM and me.
  • Serving GOD in SPIRIT and in Truth means I believe HIS ways first before I make my decisions.
  • Serving GOD in SPIRIT and in Truth supersedes my feelings, my plans, my doubts and worries.
GOD leads my decisions and at times it’s scary to have HIM do that. But the more I let HIM the better off I am.
  • Do you think GOD is impressed with your church attendance and giving?
  • Can you serve HIM without people knowing what you did?
  • Won’t you start trying to get to know GOD a little better?

No comments:

Post a Comment