Monday, October 3, 2011

GOD wants “you” just the way you are.

John 1: 45 Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

 46 “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked.

   “Come and see,” said Philip.

============

My house where I grew up was pretty average but it was light years ahead of where my parents grew up. In fact compared to where they grew up our house was a palatial estate. The school I attended did not crank out graduates who went on to become Pulitzer prize winners but it was fine for me.

Our neighborhood was not on the news for having sent anyone into space or for having someone develop a new radical way to build skyscrapers. So how can anything “good” come out of my neighborhood?

  • I have looked down on those who I considered “less fortunate.”
  • I have categorized others as being poor and dirty so therefore they must not be intelligent enough to get themselves out of “the mess they are in.”
  • I have avoided people who did not look like me or act like me and put people into large buckets.

It’s funny, how I treated others was how I was being treated. The people of wealth could care less about me or my neighborhood, BUT GOD cares.

  • GOD made me unique.
  • GOD gave me specific, special abilities.
  • GOD made me in a way that I and I alone can reach a specific group of people HE sent to me.
  • GOD doesn’t care where I came from but HE is concerned about where I am going.

Since the beginning of time GOD has used the highly underestimated. HE took weak, feeble, uneducated people and made them stand above kings and those who are extremely credentialed. GOD makes fools of the arrogant, self-proclaimed genius by favoring the humble and the meek.

Can anything good come from my neighborhood? Yes! Anyone who is GOD’s child is extremely gifted and talented just the way HE made them.  In fact when I think someone is stupid I’m actually calling GOD stupid for making them the way they are. GOD wants me to believe I can do HIS work just as I am and HE wants me to accept others “just as they are.”

  • Are you trying to change “that” person?
  • Do you consider yourself special?
  • Can you realize GOD made you specifically to reach a person only “you” can reach?

No comments:

Post a Comment