Monday, October 24, 2011

I want to run away!

John 6: 66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

   67 “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.

 68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

============
With a steely eyed glance my parents looked at me as I tried to lie my way out of the situation. I went to visit a young lady and as innocent as my plans were, I had not told them where I was going. We hung out most of the day and when I got home the heat from my parents could be felt at the North Pole. I just wanted to get away!
  • Uncomfortable situations in which I am wrong makes me want to run away and hide.
  • When the going gets tough I want to curl up and stay in bed.
  • Lusts sometimes drive me into a feeling of “wanting to get away” from GOD just for a moment.
When JESUS laid out the path for HIS disciples, hundreds of people left because the path was too hard. They wanted JESUS to be an earthly king so they could be rich and have temporary peace here on earth.

JESUS remained the poorest person who ever lived on earth and only had HIS mind focused on the heavenly kingdom after this life. Many people left because they had a false expectation of what GOD would do and I am no different. Fortunately for me, HE won’t let me go.
  • When times are tough and I want to run away, GOD shows me that I need to turn back to HIM.
  • When the road is difficult and full of obstacles, GOD shows me that I need to turn back to HIM.
  • When it seems like everything in life is broken, GOD shows me that I need to turn back to HIM.
Where would I go? What would I do without GOD? I don’t know but often I try things without HIM and they just don’t work. HE is the way, the truth and the life. All HE wants from me is to believe.

  • What are you facing?
  • Can you ask GOD to use HIS power to fill you up today?
  • Will you request that HE fix the situation that’s making you tired?
  • Do you hear the words “don’t give up” from HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment