Friday, January 6, 2012

What does GOD want me to “do?”

Acts 6: 1 In those days when the number of disciples was increasing, the Hellenistic Jews among them complained against the Hebraic Jews because their widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution of food. 2 So the Twelve gathered all the disciples together and said, “It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God in order to wait on tables.

3 Brothers and sisters, choose seven men from among you who are known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will turn this responsibility over to them 4 and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”

============

“Hooray and thank you LORD!” was my exclamation as my running back ran in for a touchdown. I was down in my fantasy football league and I prayed “LORD let me win this game!” The payout from my winnings enabled me to take my family out to dinner.

All the weeks I had put into studying the stats had paid off. I guess I don’t have to give in order to receive since I received without giving… right?

  • Life is so much more than what I can get out of it.
  • Life is so much more than filling my pockets.
  • Life is so much more than winning.

Please don’t get me wrong, it’s fun to watch football and play fantasy football and there is nothing wrong with it. Life, however has more to it than winning a couple of dollars. Life has broken people who have lost everything. Trust me… I understand the need to blow off steam from the pressures of life, but how much?

  • Serving others is a sacrifice to the LORD.
  • Serving others takes a concern away from them and enables them to listen to GOD’s great news!
  • Serving others really isn’t as scary as I thought and I only have to do what I can handle.

Preachers are always looking for help or money is what I used to think. BUT GOD is truly looking for “fruit” from me. HE wants me to sincerely help others in order to draw mankind back to HIM.  My act of service can start in my home and blossom out to my neighborhood and believe it or not GOD will stretch my heart to fit the community and more.

Now that I have served, I do see that I could spend a little less time playing fantasy football and a little more time serving others. GOD is the one who stretched my heart to serve others.

  • Are you absorbed in what you can get from GOD?
  • Have you served lately?
  • Have you burned yourself out on serving?
  • Won’t you pace yourself in serving?
  • Will you add serving to your actions today?

No comments:

Post a Comment