Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I’m not wrong am I?

Leviticus 4: 22 “‘Or suppose a leader sins without meaning to. If he disobeys any of the commands of the Lord his God, he is guilty.

23 “‘But suppose he is made aware of the sin he has committed. Then he must bring an offering. It must be a male goat. It must not have any flaws. 24 He must place his hand on the goat’s head. He must kill it. He must do it at the place where the animals for burnt offerings are killed in the sight of the Lord. His offering is a sin offering.

-------

26 “‘He must burn all of the fat on the altar. He must burn it in the same way he burned the fat of the friendship offering. When he does, he will pay for the sin of the leader. And the leader will be forgiven.

============

Spray painting the dented car and parking it in the garage was my cover-up. Hiding the Playboy magazine in fishing magazine cover was my cover-up. Going into the men’s washroom and sleeping on the job was my cover-up.  I didn’t want the consequence, I wanted to get away with what I was doing.

  • GOD wants me to admit when I am guilty so there can be forgiveness.
  • GOD wants me to acknowledge I deserve consequence for my sin.
  • GOD wants me to believe that my sins are forgiven.


When JESUS was murdered by people who attend church regularly, HE did it without complaint that HE was being falsely accused. HE died specifically for my sins and said “It is finished” meaning no more has to be done.

It is sometimes hard to grasp that ALL my sins are forgiven, no matter how many times I commit them or how heinous they are. GOD said “MY grace is sufficient” which shows HIS love is extreme.

BUT GOD does have a condition. HE wants me to acknowledge I deserve consequence and accept HIS forgiveness even when I think HE can’t possibly forgive me another time. GOD forgives me and that is the GREAT NEWS!

  • Do you think everyone else is sinning and you aren’t?
  • Do you find yourself talking about what other people are doing and not admitting what you are doing?
  • Do you realize that if you confess your sins GOD is faithful and just to forgive you of your sins and cleanse you of all unrighteousness?
  • Can you believe GOD even forgives “that” person? 


No comments:

Post a Comment