Friday, July 26, 2013

Do I show respect?

Leviticus 19: 32 “‘Stand up in order to show your respect for old people. Also have respect for me. I am the Lord your God.

============

With pants up to his chest we began to laugh at the old man. I mean look at the way he was dressed and wow, he smelled funny. I mimicked his shuffling movements and crotchety tones. My friends laughed and I was funny as usual!

  • When I am laughing at the elderly I may not be showing respect.
  • When I am refusing to listen to the elderly I may not be showing respect.
  • When I dismiss their words as rants I may not be showing respect.


I do the same with GOD.  I dismiss HIS ways, and I treat HIS people as if HE didn’t mind that I talk bad about them. When I show a person a lack of respect I am not respecting what GOD has made.

  • GOD wants me to treat the elderly with high esteem, listening to their words of wisdom.
  • GOD wants me to treat the elderly with honor otherwise I will treat them as throw away people.
  • GOD wants me to treat the elderly with love, making sure their history continues.


Respect seems to be high on the list for GOD. It doesn’t mean blowing off the existence of a person rather seeking their ways and being grateful for their words.

  • Are you treating the elderly with respect?
  • Are you giving GOD HIS proper respect?
  • Do you think ignoring GOD is respectful?
  • Can you stop treating others wrong in order to show GOD respect?


No comments:

Post a Comment